• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

love the 80s

Marv

Peter Graham said:
airfrogusmc said:
SuinBruin said:
I'll take the Smiths, the Pixies, U2, and Jane's Addiction. The rest of the '80s you can keep.

Black Flag/Rollins Band....
Yeah ! Lots of good 80's bands but not in the mainstream like in the 60's when we had the Stones, Beatles, Jimi, Doors etc. All mainstream rock but with an edge.

My fav bands of the 80's were INXS, the Cure, New Order, the Smiths, U2, Simple Minds, Guns'n'Roses, Stone Roses, Bryan Adams etc.

Bands I liked in one way or another (mainly down to good songs rather that the band itself)were Duran Duran, OMD, Spandau Ballet etc. etc. the list goes on.

I also listened to a lot of Beatles, Stones, Jimi Hendrix, the Doors and various other 60's artists mainly due to my dad's musical interests etc.

Who

I was in my teens and twenties in the 1980's. Can't say I cared at all for the music or the fashion. I was listening to jazz and dressing via thrift shops. It amuses me that some of the kids I see today think of the 1980's as retro and/or cool. I thought they were mainly rubbish and, what's worse, it feels like only yesterday.

watchmanjimg

Who said:
I was in my teens and twenties in the 1980's. Can't say I cared at all for the music or the fashion. I was listening to jazz and dressing via thrift shops. It amuses me that some of the kids I see today think of the 1980's as retro and/or cool. I thought they were mainly rubbish and, what's worse, it feels like only yesterday.

To each his own, but can you really blame today's kids for liking the '80s given the sh!t popular culture that's currently out there? I too was in my teens and twenties in the 1980s and I'd go back in a heartbeat.

A

Anonymous

To each his own, but can you really blame today's kids for liking the '80s given the sh!t popular culture that's currently out there? I too was in my teens and twenties in the 1980s and I'd go back in a heartbeat.

yeah, compared to modern sh!t, 80s seems like paradise.

A

Anonymous

I bought an original G-1 by Foster at really cheap price, I am gonna turn it to Top Gun jacket, it's gonna kick ass ha ha ha