• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

love the 80s

A

Anonymous

Great movies
great jackets

the whole americana at its fullest

The_Lost_Boys-230422119-large.jpg

avirex I suppose

he wore a m41 also in the movie

ButteMT61

Marv said:
ButteMT61 said:
Holy crap, is that an A-2??? :)

I wonder if it was one of Western Costumes thousands of original WW2 A2s used :)

I have A friend that would know, but he's not been answering emails lately. He told me they don't let anyone touch those these days, so maybe it was the last time any saw the light of day? Can't see much of it on the poster, and I'm not prepared to sit through the movie anytime soon. I liked it in the 80’s, but I'm just not ready for an 80’s revival anytime soon :lol:

A

Anonymous

both the music and the movies were better in the 80s.

Atticus

PLATON said:
than today's
I'll admit to not being much of a movie buff...but I like to think I know a little about music...and I've always thought of the '80 as being a bit of a dry spell, musically. Not as bad as the late '70s, but dry, nonetheless. Having said that, I also understand that the appreciation of music is very subjective. So my opinion about '80s music is worth no more than anyone else's.

AF

A

Anonymous

Sure, it was dry for jazz, it was dry for classical,
but there were other genres, pop, heavy metal, rock, etc
during the 80s there were mega anthems from those genres
there were less songs but better quality than today's mass produced crap

ties70

...Nena, Falco, Kajagoogoo, Culture Club, Madonna, Wham....oh. and don't forget Billy Ocean's "Loverboy"....

Sorry, just kidding!!!

My favourite album of the 80s is and will probably always be Master of Puppets by Metallica

Ties

Peter Graham

airfrogusmc said:
SuinBruin said:
I'll take the Smiths, the Pixies, U2, and Jane's Addiction. The rest of the '80s you can keep.

Black Flag/Rollins Band....
Yeah ! Lots of good 80's bands but not in the mainstream like in the 60's when we had the Stones, Beatles, Jimi, Doors etc. All mainstream rock but with an edge.

Ian C

Peter Graham said:
airfrogusmc said:
SuinBruin said:
I'll take the Smiths, the Pixies, U2, and Jane's Addiction. The rest of the '80s you can keep.

Black Flag/Rollins Band....
Yeah ! Lots of good 80's bands but not in the mainstream like in the 60's when we had the Stones, Beatles, Jimi, Doors etc. All mainstream rock but with an edge.

As a teenager in the 80's I thought the majority of chart music was dire. Therefore, most of my mates including myself went down underground routes such as the punk scene and Northern Soul all-nighters. I personally favoured the Psychobilly and Rockabilly route though I did go to the others as the scooter scene had all sorts going on within it.
In a way it was a good thing as my interest in the music and military history converged with the flying jackets which was mostly MA1s (though I did have a nice B3 made by a girl in the middle of Norwich). Musically, for me mainstream eighties music was mainly crap with the odd gem in it. However I have come to appreciate some of the rock side as I've got older.