• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Lord help me!

Weasel_Loader

That's awesome Jim. Don't see those too often.

clothL-2A.jpg

deand

So it's yours! Way to go! Great score! And...no, you win one, you start looking at the next. ;)

dean

watchmanjimg

Thanks, Dan! I'm looking forward to its arrival. I can only assume these jackets were produced as a distinctive uniform item for general officers as this is the only application I've seen for them. Clearly the L-2 series was well past the experimental stage by 1971, so the "Experimental Test Sample" designation strikes me as rather dubious. In any case it's an uncommon item whose eventual fate will hinge on fit, condition, et cetera. It definitely looks like a candidate for MASH knits!

TankBuster

Nice one. I've got one of these as well that belonged to a 2 Star Gen. They are pretty cool jackets. I think you'll like it!

watchmanjimg

TankBuster said:
Nice one. I've got one of these as well that belonged to a 2 Star Gen. They are pretty cool jackets. I think you'll like it!

Thanks! How does it fit compared to other jackets in a comparable size? I normally wouldn't go as small as 40 but my original L-2 and L-2A seem to work in that size.

TankBuster

Jim,

I usually wear a 42 in Eastman A-2 jackets. I am a 42 long in suits for reference. The one I have is marked a 42 and it fits me well. They are more of a modern cut jacket compared to any nylon I've ever had. Mine is long enough in the body, and cut fairly generous. The one I have dates from the 70's as well. I can't remember the exact year off the top of my head. They are pretty cool jackets, and you don't see many of them.

Willy McCoy

Congratulations on the new jacket! The AeroMedical tag is common for those jackets no matter what year they were issued for some reason. Party Suit top is a name for them I think.