• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Looking for authentication

NGullett1310

I have had this jacket a good few years, and until recently I didn't know it was a collectible item. I have skimmed the info on the G-1 jackets on the site, and was wondering if anyone could provide any additional information about this jacket. I have included pictures for reference purposes... Thanks in advance!
20210131_221148.jpg
20210131_220814.jpg
20210131_220358.jpg
20210131_221148.jpg
20210131_220814.jpg
20210131_220358.jpg

B-Man2

Hi N-1310
Welcome to VLJ !
Id be happy to try and answer your questions about your jacket . From the label you’ve posted , it tells us that your jacket was made by The Star Manufacturing Company in or about 1970 . The perforations on the wind flap USN tells us that this was most likely a US Government Navy flight jacket issued during the Viet Nam war. Star manufacturing made a number of flight jackets during WWII, the Korean War and the Viet Nam War .
If you look at this link it will tell you a great deal more about your jacket . BTW the collar is mouton and the hide is goatskin .

NGullett1310

Hi N-1310
Welcome to VLJ !
Id be happy to try and answer your questions about your jacket . From the label you’ve posted , it tells us that your jacket was made by The Star Manufacturing Company in or about 1970 . The perforations on the wind flap USN tells us that this was most likely a US Government Navy flight jacket issued during the Viet Nam war. Star manufacturing made a number of flight jackets during WWII, the Korean War and the Viet Nam War .
If you look at this link it will tell you a great deal more about your jacket . BTW the collar is mouton and the hide is goatskin .

thanks, I did some research and Star Sportswear Mfg Co produced these jackets from 1964-1967, but I really appreciate your help!