• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Looking for assistance with brand new Perry B3

rubbersoul007

Hello all,

I originally replied to Rays post with this info but being that no one has replied. I decided to create a new post.
I am having the same problems with my Perry which I just received this past Friday 1/4. I am not posting to bash in any way. I love ELC's jackets, I am just looking for some advice and to share my story. The first thing I noticed was the wind flap was very rough and paper thin. I also have a Roughwear that is approx 3 years old. There is no comparison with regards to the Sheepskin. The rough wear feels very thick and very soft. Although the thickness is the same, the Roughwear just feels like better quality sheepskin. I am attaching photos of both. I sent an email to ELC, dont think it was Gary who responded. Can someone let me know how to reach him? Disappointed in the way ELC has responded to my email.

Thanks in advance

Perry
perry_9_zpsbb13379f.jpg

Roughwear
roughwear_5_zps6270c9c2.jpg

Perry
perry_7_zps6366d355.jpg

Together, Roughwear on top
perry_roughwear_1_zpsfc61b2a7.jpg

Perry
perry_3_zpsf44f1e95.jpg

Perry
perry_2_zps5eec1287.jpg

Perry
perry_1_zps316a7353.jpg

Perry
perry_8_zps67894cdb.jpg

Roughwear
roughwear_2_zps0845e9b8.jpg

Roughwear
roughwear_4_zpsffcc3919.jpg

raymos

Hi Jerry,

Yes that looks like the same trouble spots as on my jacket. I have sent mine back to Eastman Leather. Gary is, as you know, one of the best in the business. He will take care of us for sure. It sure looks like a bad batch of skins. How did you like the look of your Perry on the outside? Mine was unreal in my opinion. Awesome hide color and mottling. It took my breath away when I unpacked it....

ray

rubbersoul007

Hello
I'm not sure I follow you,there is definitely something wrong with the sheepskin on my Perry. Not sure if you have any B3's but bald spots and fraying should not be happening on a jacket I own for three days. My roughwear is much older and the sheepskin is not like that at all.

Regards

rubbersoul007

raymos said:
Hi Jerry,

Yes that looks like the same trouble spots as on my jacket. I have sent mine back to Eastman Leather. Gary is, as you know, one of the best in the business. He will take care of us for sure. It sure looks like a bad batch of skins. How did you like the look of your Perry on the outside? Mine was unreal in my opinion. Awesome hide color and mottling. It took my breath away when I unpacked it....

ray
Hi Ray
Yes the outside is really nice on my Perry as well.
Regards

rubbersoul007

Thank you all for all of your expert opinions, real informative .
Why would anyone want to continue here with this selective nonsense.
Good luck getting new members.

Rutger

It might be a good idea to pick up the phone and give ELC a call. Talk to Gary about it, or someone else over at ELC who have been helpful to me when I picked up the phone and explained my issues.

Thank you for giving me the opportunity to be informative on the subject of how to communicate ;) .

John Lever

Call or e-mail ELC.
Gary, Alan or Rob will be able to help you out. I have 25 year old jackets that have no wool loss at all.

Rutger

rubbersoul007 said:
Thank you all for all of your expert opinions, real informative .
Why would anyone want to continue here with this selective nonsense.
Good luck getting new members.

Yeah, well, excuse me, a reply like the above...... ? Sensitive feller, given the replies he got and the time span between his OP and his farewell reply :roll:

raymos

Yes I think he is gone. He was pm'ing me and he hasn't returned any of my messages since he wrote that stuff. Its too bad. This forum is a great place to be friends with and pick some of the worlds greatest minds on military jackets. I for one am very thankful for all of you out there. I really appreciate and value all your opinions.