• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Looking for an artist

Django

One of the guys on WIX is looking for an artist to recreate his grandfather's jacket, so I told him I'd post it here. I'd take it on myself, but I had to be honest with myself that I simply do not have the time. I'll get an email addy in a few minutes.

planeoldsteve said:
Friend and fellow Wixxer Ken, not yet establishing a photo bucket account asked if I would post some of his wife's Grandfathers pictures. He was a B-17 Pilot and would like any information you may have.

Steve,

I never did do a photobucket account. Here are some shots of Jennifer's
step-grandfather who I told you about flying 22 B-17 missions at the end
of WWII. I believe his airplane was B-17G-10-VE 42-39993, 401st BG.

Feel free to post on WIX and I'll follow up with more info when I get
time.

Ken

Plane_HellsAngel.jpg

crew_nolan.jpg

108-0847_IMG.jpg

Steve

Django

rnolan50(at)hotmail.com is the email to get ahold of Bob. Serious inquiries only. He wants someone who appreciates the history, accuracy and authenticity. I told him that wouldn't be a problem here.

better duck

Can anybody tell me the meaning behind the words of this design? My English is good, but sometimes you have to know the story behind an expression to really appreciate it. So what is / was this "Hells Angel out of chute 13" in those days (or still is)?

shedonwanna

better duck said:
Can anybody tell me the meaning behind the words of this design? My English is good, but sometimes you have to know the story behind an expression to really appreciate it. So what is / was this "Hells Angel out of chute 13" in those days (or still is)?

Rodeo bucking chutes for horses and bulls - the nose art on the aircraft shows a bucking horse. Don't recall any special "rodeo" slang for "chute 13". This aircraft was part of the 612th squadron. Every mission was the "ride of your life". Could have been crew #13? Probably the pilot or crew member was just a rodeo fan. Just some late night speculation on my part....