• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Looking for a little help with this patch .

B-Man2

Hi guys
Looking for a little help with trying to identify a patch based on the stitch hole patterns in an original Aero A2. If anyone has any ideas please comment on the photos.
Thanks in advance for any help you may offer.
IMG_2544.jpeg
IMG_2545.jpeg
IMG_2543.jpeg

B-Man2

Took some photos of the lining stitch holes as they appear to be clearer. You just have to reverse the view when trying to determine what patch was sewn on.
IMG_2546.jpeg
IMG_2547.jpeg

Pa12

Just kidding. Like finding shapes in the clouds , it’s the first thing that came to mind. Mind you, I haven’t followed hockey since there was twelve teams, they wore short pants and no helmets ;)

Silver Surfer

There are two sets of ghost stitching . The second going through the center in a curve, and doubling up on the left side. However, this does not indicate two different patches were stitched on the jacket to my eyes. It looks like a multi piece construction patch was stitched on and some of the stitching was done to attach two pieces together, while attaching it to the jacket. The curvature of the inside stitching is something like the eye on one of the night fighters patches…….sorta.

Chandler

There are two sets of ghost stitching . The second going through the center in a curve, and doubling up on the left side. However, this does not indicate two different patches were stitched on the jacket to my eyes. It looks like a multi piece construction patch was stitched on and some of the stitching was done to attach two pieces together, while attaching it to the jacket. The curvature of the inside stitching is something like the eye on one of the night fighters patches…….sorta.
I see what you're seeing on the outside of the jacket, but not on the lining.

Erwin

I assume it could be a version of the 326th Bomber Squadron patch, just assuming. Something like:
1_1f8aa9942cfd9ea30e877aa12f6f0f5f (1).jpg

1_1f8aa9942cfd9ea30e877aa12f6f0f5f.jpg

plus here is an outstanding piece
shape is a bit similar to those from the 326th Bomber Squadron.

Chandler

@B-Man2 -- there's an angular left and right side to the bottom of your outline that I haven't seen in any of the suggestions so far. Not to mention only one real "node" breaking the circumference of your patch's outline.

So many groups, so many squadrons.

B-Man2

Guys
Thanks so much for all of your help with this. The jacket has an original name tag on it so now I need to do some research and see if I can find my guy on some kind of crew list or document from these bomber groups .
Thanks for your patience and time .