• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Looking for a good M43 field jacket repro

FreddyF9

Hello everyone,

Recently I’ve been looking for a good repro of a M43 field jacket but, as I don’t have any knowledge of this jacket makers, I ask you if someone could please help me finding a good one.

The only 3 parameters for that I have for this jacket are:

-It must be made or sold in EU.

-The price must be under 150€.

-It must be faithful to the military spec.

Thank you for your attention and have a good day.

jack31916

Original M-43 jackets aren't very expensive. Ofcourse it depends a bit on the size..

Another option is to look for a Norwegian made M-43 jacket. These were made for the military and are sturdy jackets and almost an exact match to WW2 American jackets.

If you google repro M-43 jacket you will get a few results of jacket sold by different shops within your price range.

Good hunt!

FreddyF9

Jack, thank you very much for your answer, I’ve checked some Norwegian M-43’s and, as you said, are really affordable! Even cheaper than few replicas I’ve seen around on internet.
My idea was to buy a replica jacket because I wanted to wear it, I already have a WW2 tanker jacket that I’m too afraid to ruin, so I almost never wear it.
But if it doesn’t cost too much probably I’ll buy an original one :)
Thank you again and have a good day.

B-Man2

I don’t know any places that definitely sell
M-43 repros in the UK however , “Soldier OF Fortune “ which is based in the UK has a lot of great stuff and might sell M-43 repros as well.
So try looking there. “At The Front” is located in the US and is pretty reasonable . I can tell you that they used to sell one of the best and most accurate M-43 repros I’ve ever owned. So if you don’t find one in the UK, consider going there.

ausreenactor

Hello everyone,

Recently I’ve been looking for a good repro of a M43 field jacket but, as I don’t have any knowledge of this jacket makers, I ask you if someone could please help me finding a good one.

What size?

Officer Dibley

Hello everyone,

I have and recommend the Norwegian Army version. Around £65, there was a German ebay seller had some euro size 54’s. In good condition too. Great value.
Dave

bazzer

Hi as b-man2 said solider of fortune are good in the uk have order my self they currently have a repro in stock for your size
The quality is excellent
Bronson do one but unsure about sizing

asiamiles

I have a Buzz, as I believe does Billy Childish. You could possibly pick one up used on Yahoo!Auctions for around 150€ but then you'd have to add on shipping costs. Of course, it falls outside of your 'must be sold in the EU' parameter...is there an issue having goods shipped from outside the EU to Italy?

Bombing IP

Hi this one checks 2 out of three boxes ,these are the latest and best copies of the jacket late war .Announced 11/09/2020 just in stock At The Front

BIP

Last edited:

Boyo

At The Front just released this one....

1605043063180.png

B-Man2

At The Front just released this one....

View attachment 46962
Spot on assessment , great M-43 repro . I owned one for a long time and was very happy with it .

foster

Best looking repro offered by At The Front thus far, but the upper chest pockets seem to be placed too far apart.
They did fix the issues with the cuff gussets and the lapel (older ones had the collar flap stitched completely through the lapel, which was not correct).

RCSignals

Best looking repro offered by At The Front thus far, but the upper chest pockets seem to be placed too far apart.
They did fix the issues with the cuff gussets and the lapel (older ones had the collar flap stitched completely through the lapel, which was not correct).

I believe that depended upon the manufacturer, for that collar flap and sleeve gusset detail. ATF uses original jackets for their patterning, and are very accurate.