• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Looking for 345TH FS and 347th FS insignas images

rob75IT

Hi Everyone
I'm doing a personal research and I looking for some images of original 345th and 347th FS insignias and jackets.
Anybody here has something in his collection or files?
Thank you
Roberto

dujardin

i have only this one in my file

350fg 347fs 12af
350fg347fs12af.jpg

;)

dmar836

I cannot for the life of me find the image I saved from one of the unit sites but it was pretty good. I have seen these in many variations - some with no lightening bolts, some with two, some with four. It was suggested somewhere that the bolts were added as combat experience accumulated but I could never substantiate that much less what additional bolts would have meant.
Wayne flew with the Screaming Red Ass squadron and his was painted directly on his Perry. It had four lightening bolts if I recall. Too bad it was so faded. He doesn't know why there were variations.

IMG_7437.jpg

One I did in enamel:
IMG_7322.jpg

Looking forward to seeing what you come up with,
Dave

rob75IT

Hi Dave
Thank you for the picture. I'm doing a research try to focalize the works made from an WWII artist in Pisa.
Talk to you soon
Roberto