• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Long strange trip I've been on......

Spitfireace

It was for me, a gift jacket from a friend. He got it from a friend as a gift. It was too small for my friend so he gave it to me for work performed as a mechanic at the time. So there it is. The jacket that started my moniker as Spitfireace.
Thuderbay.jpg

Spitfireace

Actually, I see I should have called this thread the "what jacket got you first started on this journey". I'm afraid I've been rather isolated lately, and my social graces are not as refined as I'd like them to be. Mainly sitting in the flat drinking beer. Making some food. Kraft Dinner.

tjoenn

Early 90''s when I saw an add for Eastman in an airport somewhere I think, maybe it was one of the inflight magazines. Called and ordered a catalog, received the sleeve with inserts that I still have, but couldn't afford any jacket being a student. Early 2000's, got the Golden Book and finally ordered my first B-3 which I sold in 2015 as I lost some weight. 5 years and 9 jackets later.... :)

s4rmark

Sometime in the 1970’s when I bought a cheap “Bomber jacket” from an ad in the back pages of the News of the world Sunday Newspaper.my first repro was an Eastman bought sometime in the 90’s from the Biggin Hill Air Show. I’m not sure which came first , the Roughwear B-10 or the Luftwaffe, as it was called then. I still have both jackets, the Madness has worsened as I have aged!

B-Man2

My first A2 jacket was an Avirex repro . I was a single guy riding my Harley around and one day I met this little hottie at a street party and she wanted a ride on my bike . The sun was going down and she was chilly so I gave her my A2 to wear and the next day when I took her home and dropped her off she was still wearing my A2. I tried a couple of times to get that jacket back, but for some reason I let her keep it . We dated for a while and then we both moved on . I replaced the jacket with a Harley jacket but never forgot that A2 or the little hottie who talked me out of it :)

Last edited:

Spitfireace

My first A2 jacket was an Avirex repro . I was a single guy riding my Harley around and one day I met this little hottie at a street party and she wanted a ride on my bike . The sun was going down and she was chilly so I gave her my A2 to wear and the next day when I took her home and dropped her off she was still wearing my A2. I tried a couple of times to get that jacket back, but for some reason I let her keep it . We dated for a while and then we both moved on . I replaced the jacket with a Harley jacket but never forgot that A2 or the little hottie who talked me out of it :)
Good story!