• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Lone Wolf Mechanic boots

stanier

I've recently decided that I'm going to kit myself out with some boots that I really like and are going to keep me going for some years.

I've had Redwing gentleman traveller etc, and whilst fine, I want Cats Paw soles, etc etc, and something different.

So it's onto the Japanese websites and the first pair (I've decided on three diferent pairs) have arrived; Lone Wolf Mechanic as per

http://item.rakuten.co.jp/klax-on/lw00450-119/

They are stunning; beautiful quality and those Cats Paw soles seem a shame to walk in! I got them in black, and in my opinion, it's a beautiful shade more a very very very dark brown to my eye. The only small problem is I ordered sze 9.5 and trying them on I think a 9 would have been fine. I'm just debating what to do next, live with it or move them on. The joys of this passion! And my size 9.5 BR Office shoes fit a treat! Oh well...

deeb7

Gone, but not forgotten.
stanier said:
The only small problem is I ordered sze 9.5 and trying them on I think a 9 would have been fine. I'm just debating what to do next, live with it or move them on. The joys of this passion! And my size 9.5 BR Office shoes fit a treat! Oh well...

Exactly .... I have the BR shoes in a 10, and they fit the same as UK 9.5 Oxfords. My Lone Wolf boots are 9.5, and a more roomy fit.

Great boots, and it is a worry to walk on those soles.

Hmm, if you do decide to sell, they'd be my size. :)

stanier

Thanks for the reply deeb7. I also ordered some Toys McCoys Railman boots which arrived today and they are real nice too, in fact even nicer than the Lone Wolfs if it's possible, but again the same sizing issue.

It's not so bad that I could not could wear these boots, but if anyone is as interested in these items as I am and would be interested in acquiring them with no proxy fees, import duty etc then please PM me. I'd say they're nearer to a UK size 9.5 than a US 9.5

My BR Officer shoes fit perfect, at 9.5 US size. However these boots are different. My next order is going to be BR M-42 Service shoes and I'm really confused. Just my luck to order a size 9 and discover I should have got a size 9.5 in those!

I've posted some pics below of the Lone Wolfs and Toys McCoys, stunning boots in my opinion regardless of the sizing probs, which in fairness is not as bad as the sizing probs I had with my Redwings.

Cheers all

DSC00924.jpg

DSC00923.jpg

DSC00922.jpg

DSC00921-1.jpg

stanier

BTW, I hope no one is offended by me talking about moving these on in this section, I was just thinking as I typed, if that makes sense.

Cheers all

edmond

hi guys ive got 5 pairs of lonewolf boots so i can help you or answer any of your queries re: this specific brand.. thanks