• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Loake

Stravaiger

Loake are having a sale now and I have just received footwear that may have cost me around a £1000 at pre sale prices for under £100 and am delighted. Two pairs of boots and two,pairs of shoes beautifully made as is the company’s way.

johnwayne

Have you actually rec’d them yet?
Hope all is well but I fell for their FB post which prove a scam! Soon as I pulled the trigger I thought something wrong, called my bank who said it was a Co in Singapore but, I got several mails saying order on its way etc., and a package arrived after about 2 weeks - too small for two pairs of shoes but was a pair of fake Ray-Bans!! My bank fortunately reimbursed my outlay but seen the Loake ad several times since!!!

Last edited:

Otter

I hate to worry you, I had a look at the Loake sale page, and at best most are in the £70 to £90 bracket per pair.

Stravaiger

I have been buying from them for more years than I can remember exactly now and have had no issues with scams to date. I have noticed some dodgy looking deals on sites I am unfamiliar with but ‘pop up’ over the years though and avoided them.I wear Churchill and Barker and Williams too with some Tricker thrown In and have NEVER paid rrrp ever.The Williams via some friends down under as I have not seen much discount here in Blighty.The last Barker shoes I bought in a wee shop in The Cotswolds and cost me £20 as ‘seconds’ of a discontinued £550 per pair line.I have not yet discovered why they were sold as such. I suspect ‘damaged box’maybe , as it was a bit,ahahahaha

bn1966

What’s the source? Only really cheap ones I’ve seen advertised are the fake FB ones. Loads in my FB feed at present..all scam ads

Stravaiger

In my opening post I clearly wrote that I have received them . I have been wearing my new chestnut leather soled brogues today and I am absolutely delighted with them. I would not have posted anything on here pointing you good discerning people to any scam sites . I was until you guys pointed it out unaware that multiple or indeed any scam sites exist using the Loake brand name.

MikeyB-17

I’ve got two pairs of Loakes, a pair of brogues and a pair of smooth leather Oxfords, both of which I picked up second hand (the brogues cost me a fiver!). I love them, they get regular use every time I have occasion to wear a suit.

Brylcreemer

In my opening post I clearly wrote that I have received them . I have been wearing my new chestnut leather soled brogues today and I am absolutely delighted with them. I would not have posted anything on here pointing you good discerning people to any scam sites . I was until you guys pointed it out unaware that multiple or indeed any scam sites exist using the Loake brand name.
Can I ask where you bought them from? The sale on the official Loake site is only up to 40% off, so nowhere near the great savings you got. Cheers

bn1966

I’ve got the Loakes Chelsea boots and two pairs of Sanders Cheltenham Brogues with ‘Commando sole’.

Last edited:

Sideslip

Loake Oxfords and some dark chestnut ones when I was wearing suits everyday (pre-2019). Great shoes, especially if you get the right size, in a sale and the cat does not decide to sharpen its claws on them.

Sanders are very nice as well.

Brylcreemer

An old fart with dodgy feet writes…

I have Churchill, Barker, Loake and the likes which I wear a lot. I don’t own any trainers or other trendy stuff though.

:)
I've found to date all Loake lasts too wide for my feet, but wouldn't mind stuffing them with thick insoles if these prices Stravaiger mentions are to be believed! I concur with the Church's though - have a lovely pair of oxfords from them (or did you actually mean 'Churchills'? - I've just googled and seen they are a recent start up brand). My favourite for the quality/pricepoint sweet spot has long been Alfred Sargent, but sadly they seem to have all but gone out of business..

D97x7

Not sure exactly who make these but they're veldtschoen welted. I did own a pair but the pull tabs snapped the second time I put them on so I returned them, shame really as they were a nicely made boot but they used rubbish leather.

dinomartino1

A pair of old George Webb & sons of Northampton veldtschoen shoes they closed doiwn in 1982, heavier than a pair of 70s leather soled army ammo boots I have but still comfortable to walk in once you get used to them
The sole is 12mm thick

IMG_4342.jpeg
IMG_4343.jpeg
IMG_4344.jpeg