• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Lincoln Brigade jacket size 44 and my new workspace!

fishmeok

I finally finished setting up after our move and finished my first jacket in 2 months- It took a while to get back into practice and get my machine set up properly. Amazing how much I forgot, even after such a short time away from jacket making. I'm pretty happy with the new house, and my new "personal space". I still have several pictures to hang and other details to attend to, but this is the way it will be for the forseeable future :) .

The space: drafting/drawing/cutting table on the left, machine on the right:
IMG_2215.jpg

Awesome cabinets that came with my house:
IMG_2218.jpg

Close up- knits,zippers, etc.
IMG_2220.jpg

And the jacket- I tried a slightly modified pattern with a higher neckline, and added a vintage Talon zipper JC gave me. It worked out well but there were a lot of stops and starts as I brought myself back up to speed. It's a vintage 44, trim and square (and too trim for me!- I need to accept the fact that I need a 46 minimum). As per usual it's for sale.

IMG_2191.jpg

IMG_2194.jpg

IMG_2195.jpg

IMG_2196.jpg

IMG_2208.jpg

IMG_2199.jpg

IMG_2197.jpg

fishmeok

Thanks guys- $300 obo for the jacket (it's in the buy/sell section). Unfortunately for me these days there are a lot of good used jackets out there on e-bay, but if I can't make this a self-sustaining hobby I can't keep at it. Just have to find my little niche and hang out there for a while.
Cheers
Mark

Andrew

Mark if you want a "little" niche, how about making kids sized A-2's- takes less leather too and they can be offcuts!

The only real other option is Aero and they are expensive. I could never convince my wife to let me buy them one of those and I have two kids that could do with one.

Peter Graham

Leadsky said:
Mark if you want a "little" niche, how about making kids sized A-2's- takes less leather too and they can be offcuts!

The only real other option is Aero and they are expensive. I could never convince my wife to let me buy them one of those and I have two kids that could do with one.
Good idea. My son would love one.