• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

'lil bastard - 487FS

dujardin

hellooooooo,

Ties prevent me that the first serie of patch is complete.
he send me a photo of the last one (for the moment) he realise for me.

bastard_3.jpg

byeeeeeeeeeeeeee marcel

dujardin

better duck said:
Isn't that the same cartoon figure as the nose art on "Petie 2nd", P51D of J. C. Meyer?
Googled: yes it is: http://mustangsmustangs.com/p-51/surviv ... 2942.shtml
Very nicely executed, professionally done patch!
Marcel, what are you going to do with it? put it on a jacket?

helloooooo Peter,

of course that's it.
487FS was part of the 352FG ''bluenose bastard'' and this unit was based in Belgium at Chièvres airfield A84.
the link you gave is brilliant, i will catch some photos for my file.
and alas, i'm not rich enough this time to buy the jacket to sewn the patch on, a day.... maybe a day....
for the moment, i will make some small ''panel'' with the patch, maybe a nametag, an original photos, an original insigna, silverwings, aso aso a small display for each leather patch.
i will try to make something really nice to honour units present on belgian ground at the end of 44 begin 45.

byeeeeeeeee marcel

TankBuster

It's amazing that a 12th AAF vet actually bought that P-51, and shipped it back home!! Must have been from a wealthy family. Then it was resold for $755! I really wish I could go back to the days when that could happen.

Nice patch by the way Marcel! ;) :)

Andrew

TankBuster said:
It's amazing that a 12th AAF vet actually bought that P-51, and shipped it back home!! Must have been from a wealthy family. Then it was resold for $755! I really wish I could go back to the days when that could happen.

Nice patch by the way Marcel! ;) :)

I think what it means Jeff is that the plane was a Veteran of the 12thAF in WWII, then was sold as surplus for $755 after service with the ANG. ;)

They make a 1:18 scale model of this as well.
http://www.badcattoys.com/p5muby21ceto.html

A

Anonymous

I 'd like it more if the baby was baby Herman from Roger Rabbit (with the cigar and all)