• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

LIFE google images

dujardin

shirt (and probably undershirt) - coveral - A2 - coveral -

C7.jpg

i think they are twins

c.jpg

C1.jpg

byeeeeeeeeeee marcel

rich

More great photos Marcel, many thanks once again. :)

Anyone know what the A2 style jacket in Stu's photo is? The quality of these shots is stunning, thanks Stu. :)

Chandler

dujardin said:
shirt (and probably undershirt) - coveral - A2 - coveral -

C7.jpg

i think they are twins

You see an A-2 in there? Next you're gonna tell me that you can tell for sure that his helmet is plastic! ;)

Chandler

dujardin

:oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:

sorry for my mistake, heuuuuuuuuu can you tell me what jacket it is my dear Chandler ;) ;) ;)

byeeeeeeeeee marcel

deeb7

Gone, but not forgotten.
rich said:
Anyone know what the A2 style jacket in Stu's photo is?

With the leather tab at the collar?

It appears in a 1939 Carl Ort catalogue, reproduced in Full Gear ... described as OFFICIAL U.S. ARMY JACKET.

rich

deeb7 said:
rich said:

It appears in a 1939 Carl Ort catalogue, reproduced in Full Gear ... described as OFFICIAL U.S. ARMY JACKET.

That's the one David, thanks - wonder what that really means though, it's certainly all encompassing!

fishmeok

oose said:
Interesting detail on flight jacket
c1-1.jpg

thanks yours stu

I like this one- collar tab, white silk (or similar) lining, and a leather strip inside the jacket along the zipper. I'm assuming that the pic is reversed, otherwise the windflap is on the wrong side.

Cheers
Mark

fishmeok

deeb7 said:
rich said:

Could someone possibly post the page? I don't have that book...
Cheers
Mark

Chandler

dujardin said:
can you tell me what jacket it is my dear Chandler

Only a guess, but I'd say it was a C-1 (I think that's the nom. number) vest (a misnomer from the military, as it's more sweater (pullover) than vest), but there's not much visible... thus my usual skepticism in IDing items from photos!

The C-1 (if I remember the nomenclature number correctly) was a wool, zip-up sweater. Willis & Geiger made a repro a few years back.

Chandler

Sorry -- C-2 Vest: http://www.shopcreator.com/mall/eastman ... 742922.stm
http://www.eastmanleather.com/C-2vest.htm

airfrogusmc

fishmeok said:
oose said:
Interesting detail on flight jacket
c1-1.jpg

thanks yours stu

I like this one- collar tab, white silk (or similar) lining, and a leather strip inside the jacket along the zipper. I'm assuming that the pic is reversed, otherwise the windflap is on the wrong side.

Cheers
Mark

Yes the photo is reversed. The notches at the top of 4X5 film go on the right side as you load them into the film holder which means for it to be correct here the notches should be on the left. On this example the emulsion side of the film is up when it should be down.

Swing

Maj Gen going pheasant hunting in Korea. The .50 Cal is for birds that flush outside of shotgun range. :lol:

pheasanthunting.jpg

~Swing

Swing

Chandler said:
Is the backseat G.I. the retriever? :D

Chandler

He's got bars on his collar, so I assume the driver is going to have to act as retriever too!

~Swing

Chandler

Swing said:
He's got bars on his collar

Yeah -- shooter still outranks him, but I suppose it could run down hill... just hope the driver remembers to set the emergency brake! ;)

Chandler