• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Leather patched back M41 jackets

Tim P

My dilemma is this. Having removed the cheesy embroidery from the back of my Ralph lauren Key West M41 jacket I have had to nick the jacket a number of times and even after a zig zagging to replicate wartime repairs it looks worse than I would hope.
Now this thing is basically as good a top end M41 repro as any of the manufacturers (save maybe buzz) are doing and the repairs on the back have to be concealed so my thought is this...

1) a straight blood chit job with CBI and AAF or maybe a ferry command breast patch
2) an oval leather patch with an aircraft Italy style with SSI or breast patch to complement.
3) a tightly cropped figure painted on leather, maybe a girl or maybe bugs as in goin my way from the 100th BG again sympathetically patched.
4) a plain patch of M41 jacket material in the spirit of a salvage jacket
OR.. and this is where you guys come in.. something I havent considered yet. Links to an actual jacket to copy would be fantastic. This would be better for me than a (plausible) fantasy item contrived by myself...
A Korea reissue is feasible too as the USAF made limited use of them.

What you got? ;)

asiamiles

Tim P said:
Now this thing is basically as good a top end M41 repro as any of the manufacturers (save maybe buzz)
Be careful you don't end up spending more than you could have gotten a Buzz for!

Peter Graham

I always knew you would come unstuck with those poseurs jackets someday. Only joking. I would leave it as it is. No point in spending any more money.