• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Leather layered patches on A-2`s

crazyace

Hi,

Can anyone tell me if layered leather patches were used on A-2`s in the ETO? I am looking at a 8th Air Force roundel . I know on CBI jackets you see the layered leather patches but was wondering if they were seen in the ETO. I have an original cloth roundel on now but was wondering if the leather layered one would be more authentic.

Regards,

Rob

a2jacketpatches

You may be looking at the one I have listed, maybe even the guy that just asked me to age it. It's not typical to see ETO patches in multi-piece layered leather, usually embroidered or painted. I do have photo reference of two original 9th AF shoulder patches made multi-piece leather, but I'm sure they were few and far between. I vaguely remember seeing an 8th AF as well some time back but can't find the photo. So was it done? I'm sure it was but on a very limited basis. That's the straight skinny on that.

The reason I make and offer them regularly is because of the constant requests regardless of accuracy. I guess guys just think they look cool on their jackets. I do ETO Squadron patches this way and they sell like hotcakes.

a2jacketpatches

I've seen quite a few cloth embroidered patches on A'2s so definitely more authentic, but I highly recommend being different, hint hint. Just joking around