• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Leather jacket thrifted - please help identifying it!

thethriftfather

Hi everyone! New to the forums here, big vintage guy, more so collect vintage patagonia and older workwear but found this leather jacket the other day and was looking for some help dating it. I really odnt have much to go off of other than the style and the zippers but hoping someone can help. My guess was 50's but honestly not sure.

Any help is greatly appreciated! Thank you!

s-l500 8.48.30 AM.jpg
s-l500 (9).jpg
s-l500 (4) 8.48.30 AM.jpg
s-l500 (2) 8.48.30 AM.jpg
s-l500 (1) 8.48.30 AM.jpg
s-l500 (3) 8.48.30 AM.jpg
s-l500 (6) 8.48.30 AM.jpg
s-l500 (8).jpg

Attachments

• s-l500 (7).jpg
    s-l500 (7).jpg
    45.7 KB · Views: 63

mulceber

Hmm, the odd stitching on the pockets looks younger than the '50s. My guess would be late '60s or '70s. Best way to find out the age for sure though would be to find a zipper expert who can nail down exactly when those Talon zippers are from.

Kermit3D

Hi!

I would have said 1980s. I did a quick search on those big Talon zippers, it seems to confirm: late 1970s - 1980s

Last edited:

Silver Surfer

70s-80s by way of the zippers. Since I only have the lap top here in cr, I can’t be sure about the hides, though I would guess manipulated lamb skin which was popular at the time.

thethriftfather

Thanks Grant, thats not the only reason. The main reason is to gain some knowledge so I have a better understanding of leather jackets so I have more info when I am looking. Not trying to cause any trouble, was just looking for some info. Thanks again to everyone who helped me date it.