• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Late fathers vintage leather coat ,help with age and make .

PDO

pix of the tears, please. don't use crazy glue, as it drys hard, and will pull leather away if it moves. you will want a glue that is flexible, like Aileens leather glue.
That's what I thought so I will keep my eye open for the leather glue . The tear is a small one so if I just display the jacket , I may just leave it the way it is .

Silver Surfer

yes, but remember, with movement, if the tear is not stabilized, it can spread. jan is correct, and that is the correct way to go about the repair. gluing Avery thin piece of leather behind the tear [or using book binders tape], and pressing the sides of the tear together, after the glue is applied is the pro way to go.

PDO

If someone opened up the lining, it could be patched from the inside. That's the route I'd go.
I can get inside the lining at the location required and I have some suitable thin leather that i could glue in to support the small tear which is only around 1/2 inch or less so only need to get some leather glue .

johnwayne

Dithered many times over treating my half belt, whilst I like the look of the worn vintage originality and clearly it’s previous owners must have felt the same, part of me thinks how nice too it would look once treated! That aside, I may be wrong but I’m sure Mark at Norshor has made a very similar ‘rainbow’ back half belt!!

PDO

I did follow up with this link and tried to register . I have been waiting 2 days for the administer at their end to confirm ---not sure if they are having problems , or it just takes forever .

While I cannot post or ask questions at this point I was able to search both the coat and zipper . I did finally get some info on the Durable jacket brand . It appears to have potentially two companies , on in the US and the other in Ontario Canada , may or may not be related . The various Pony Durable jackets do appear similar enough to my jacket to give me the feeling that my coat may have been made by Durable . Also they also had the FLASH zipper on some of them so this is a bit more proof . The search continues .

leper-colony

1697678765549.png

PDO

TFL has been down about 90% of the time the past few weeks FYI
That may be the reason as I noticed some people commenting on the slow load times which I also experienced . Guess I will have to wait it out and keep reading the various threads . Thank you all for your help .

scwells

There are several sweaters on eBay which are described as 1950s. They each have a “Flash”zipper. Here’s a couple of images.
IMG_0022.jpeg
IMG_0023.jpeg