• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

L2b

dujardin

coollllllllll

good catch, nice price

replacement must be easy to do on a cloth jacket no ???

Ian C

I could probably do it but I don't want to mess it up.

Luckily, I've found a friend who is a tailor that will do it in between mohair suits. :D

The only thing I'm worried about now is that the back length is 26in and I'm hoping this isn't with the collar included as it will be too short like the MA1 I bought a while back. Still, for the price I won it for, I can have the knits fitted and sell it on again.

While I'm at it, has anyone got a later MA1 with a 26-27in back length for sale? If so, I'll have it like a flash.

regards,
Ian

Peter Graham

Ian, any tailor worth their salt should be able to do it. I've had three different people replace knits for me with equally good results.

Ian C

I've got a tailor who's made me four suits, but he's always too busy for stuff like this. Luckily enough, I've got another friend in the tailoring game who was happy to take it on. I initially asked on here as there may have been someone who knew any pitfalls etc.