• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

"Kyushu Gypsies" L-2A

Chris217

Awhile back J.C. (contrailschaser) posted some pics of his original Korean War "Kyushu Gypsies" L-2A, which had an awesome painted Blood Chit on the back of it.

I thought the painted Blood Chit was really neat looking, so I had Jerome paint one just like J.C.'s original on my Buzz L-2A.

While Jerome had the jacket, I was able to come across an original "Kyushu Gypsies" patch on ebay, which I later had put on the jacket.

Here's the end result!
JaciesBirthday011.jpg

JaciesBirthday013.jpg

JaciesBirthday009.jpg

JaciesBirthday014.jpg

JaciesBirthday032.jpg

Here's some photos of pilots from the "Kyushu Gypsies" which flew C-47's during the Korean conflict.
57903822_crew.jpg

46338699_tearoo1.jpg

I hope J.C. doesn't mind me using the pic of the original chit.
Nylon_collection_061_1.jpg

dujardin

heyyyyyyyyyy,
again splendid jacket; really like those blue nylon jackets (korean era).
nice artwork and great you find the patch to go with.

byeeeeeeeee marcel

Cool Jacket and cool photos

One of the guys in the gypsies looks to be wearing a sage B15 with a black collar.

Are these common and are there any decent repros around ?
I've only ever seen OD with Brown collars and Blue with black ?

cheaterome

johnny english said:
Cool Jacket and cool photos

One of the guys in the gypsies looks to be wearing a sage B15 with a black collar.

Are these common and are there any decent repros around ?
I've only ever seen OD with Brown collars and Blue with black ?

The b-15's that are blue have dark blue collars--- b-15c.

The b-15 in the upper right hand corner is a b-15d .

This is probably a later war (conflict :roll: ) photograph.

My pleasure on doing the jacket. It was fun and my first painted nylon. Let me know when you want to do another because I have myself convinced my buzz rickson b-15c needs a fourth fg f-86 painted on it with some 4th FIS saying about bagging MIGS !!!

Rome

watchmanjimg

Many of the pictures on the Kyushu Gypsies website, including the black-and-white one in this thread, were taken after the Korean War ended. This may help to explain the presence of the B-15D.

Chris217

I'm pretty sure the photos I posted are from late 1953-1954. The insignia on my jacket, like the ones in the photos, is a 2nd generation Kyushu Gypsies patch that was worn from January 1953 to April 1955, when the unit was disbanded in Japan.

Jerome, it's good to see ya back!!!!!!!! You've been missed by many.

I can't begin to tell you how happy I am with the jacket!! Another masterpiece from the U-man.

Chris