• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

KWIK: new zipper option at Eastman!

TankBuster

I've also seen the ELC style Kwik zip on a couple original jackets over the years. They were definitely used. Sadly, I have no pics.

Grant

Cool, thanks for the photo, that's a rare one. Speaking of, I recently saw a Cooper Sportswear A-2 with a small rectangular Conmar zip (with the hole in the center of the pull) original to the jacket that until then I'd only seen in C-2's and M-41 jackets. Just goes to show there's always something new to discover in this crazy hobby.

Grant

Hey Allen, Kwik or the Conmar? Have you hung out with Paul lately? Please send my regards.

TankBuster

airfrogusmc said:
Paul had a very dark Dubow 27798 with that same zipper.

I think I remember Pauls jacket as well, but that was a while back, so I can't say for sure.
I'm pretty sure a friend of mine has a original Cable with the ELC style zip. I'll see if he can get me a pic to add to the thread.

Grant

Here's a Dubow with one. Thanks for the photo John!

Kwik_Zip_Dubow.jpg

Roughwear

Grant said:
Cool, thanks for the photo, that's a rare one. Speaking of, I recently saw a Cooper Sportswear A-2 with a small rectangular Conmar zip (with the hole in the center of the pull) original to the jacket that until then I'd only seen in C-2's and M-41 jackets. Just goes to show there's always something new to discover in this crazy hobby.

My original Cooper has the same Conmar zipper and I believe most of this small contract had them too.

airfrogusmc

Grant said:
Hey Allen, Kwik or the Conmar? Have you hung out with Paul lately? Please send my regards.

It was a Kwik and the jacket was not a re dye and was very dark seal horse. Paul said it he hadn't seen many 27798 that dark and with kwiks but they were out there. I got an e-mail from him a couple of weeks. He's doing good.

Looks like Eastmans makes a nice repro kwik zip.