• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Korean War Crew Cap photo collection

deand

dave has been working on a repro of a cap similar to the type in most of these pictures. I just thought I'd post them.

miskln45.jpg

mispau39.jpg

rearsgdk.jpg

rearsgrg.jpg

acrdysteng_jpg.jpg

casonto.jpg

mismrl32-1.jpg

mismr47a.jpg

misbob34.jpg

copilot.jpg

miscas41.jpg

dean

dmar836

Great shots!
For reference, these appear to be made in Japan for those posted in Yokota, Japan. I have seen period photos - mostly from Dean's searching but the black and white one and this one are the only actual examples(two different squadrons) of this type I have seen. Odd.

Here's on from a Flight Engineer:

DSC00284.jpg

DSC00280.jpg

DSC00290.jpg

DSC00293.jpg

Dean and I have talked briefly about the inconsistencies with this but you can often make out crewmember's name on the back, crew position on the front, and home town or state on the bill. Squadron number often on the side and typically a patch on top. Any interpretations for the other markings from the period shots?

Dave

deand

The "ICHIBAN" on the left side is a phonetic Anglicized representation of Japanese for "Number One", I think.

dean

A

Anonymous

Will someone please start making these so I can buy one.