• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Knifes anyone?

Thomas Koehle

Well besides being a horder for jackets (still there is people on this forum which are even more deeply addicted than me) i'm also interested in any kind of WW2 related military gear - mainly US issued - mainly NAVY

A well used part of any equipment for soldiers whatever nation, rank or branch (NAYY, ARMY, AIRFORCE) are knifes

I do not wear any knife except a small foldable pocket-knife but i like to collect them - here is a small part of my collection:

USN MK1 (RH35) knife in almost unused condition - no sharpening

Z90Yv2R.jpg

another one - this time just the sheat shows some traces of wear but the blade is literally untouched

uCK3FHY.jpg

both knifes togehter

o9ABTLz.jpg

this is a modernized version of the same knife - this one is produced by KABAR whereas the WW2 versions have been produced mainly by PAL (= some other manufacturers)

253jVL2.jpg

jrHni3i.jpg

this is how the sheat/knife looked like when i got it

XzmzWgP.jpg

i would be interested some of your collection and especially from the guys who already made knifes on their own

Paul Glover

I sold this to a dealer in St mere Eglise a couple of years ago.
My Father in law had been given it by his step dad who brought it back from his time in ww2.
It had spent the rest of the time in a drawer gathering dust.
It is a genuine ww2 paratroopers knife, the scabbard had been modified by removing the metal hooks from the top as the Paratroopers usually fastened them to their legs.

B-Man2

I sold this to a dealer in St mere Eglise a couple of years ago.
My Father in law had been given it by his step dad who brought it back from his time in ww2.
It had spent the rest of the time in a drawer gathering dust.
It is a genuine ww2 paratroopers knife, the scabbard had been modified by removing the metal hooks from the top as the Paratroopers usually fastened them to their legs.
That’s an M-3 knife . Here’s an original one in the original issued box .

ACC5860D-8916-4B73-BDF5-8FF6B9591436.jpeg
68911292-B338-4CCC-9290-C292168B7E23.jpeg

blackrat2

Awesome post guys, I was looking at the WW2 US knifes recently, no idea why I would need one but have been sorely tempted to get hold of one

Thomas Koehle

Some more of my collection:

manufacturer of these 3 was EGW (Ezra G. Waterman). It seems that some of them have been privately purchased. Waterman introduced a selection of his knifes to the USMC but was never officially confirmed as supplier for armed forces.

There where 12 different versions available with different grips (leather or wood with grooves) and different lengths.

The grip on mine is made from wood, i got 2 different shapes of blade as can be seen on the pics

the knife with the plain back (without the "saw") previously belonged to a SeaBee

M1HlRmg.jpg

N7ohYv2.jpg

Last edited:

bn1966

I had to clear the house of a serious collector friend on his death & found knives aplenty. One I would have liked was a Civil war period Bowie, the estate collection went under the hammer and the Bowie hit about £500....too rich for my blood.

blackrat2

Gents
I have looked at the Government site for importing knifes into the UK...to say it is lengthy and at times confusing, can you import military knifes into the UK or do you have to find a military dealer in the UK that can sell them to over 18’s I imagine with proof of age
Am talking a post 1954 knife namely Vietnam period
Any help would be good, can PM if you prefer or post on this thread if that’s okay and inline with the nature of the thread