• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Ken on the Radio !

Ken at Aero Leather

Hi Ken,

I caught the last few seconds of you on Radio Shortbread (deliberately used), with John Beatie, would like to hear the whole interview. Do you have a link to it online ?

I hate being interviewed as I always forget the folk I most want to credit, can't believe I mentioned The Poets twice and forgot to include The Pink Floyd :oops: It was Syd's girlfriend that layed off Freddie Mercury!!!!

Ken at Aero Leather

In relation to the interview there are a few well known faces in this picture circa 1969

We beat Kensington Police 5-1 that night

Kensington All Starts Circa 1969.jpg

Last edited:

Ken at Aero Leather

I was thinking the goalie.

Correct but only for that match, I usually played up front but our regular keeper, Dave, (AKA The Black Panther....
......can I still call him that these days?) extreme right back row was injured.
He was the best non league keeper I've ever seen, could have made in the professional game, he also played in our Scottish Celeb team which raised a few eyebrows about elegibility and mutterings about "ringers" in the pre Jackie Charlton days.................great memories

EmergencyIan

Ken, that picture of you with your football team looks like Zed Zeppelin and Queen took a group photo. Meant the best way possible. Very cool! :)

- Ian

Ken at Aero Leather

Ken, that picture of you with your football team looks like Zed Zeppelin and Queen took a group photo. Meant the best way possible. Very cool! :)

- Ian

I recall the game quite well, nine of the police team looked like typical coppers, short back & sides to a man, the other two would have looked more at home in our team, we never found out if they were drug squad or two hippies they'd hauled out of the cells to make up the numbers

Stony

the other two would have looked more at home in our team, we never found out if they were drug squad or two hippies they'd hauled out of the cells to make up the numbers

Priceless!