• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Keeping warm

Grant

Check out the latest in keeping warm on the streets of NYC.
My buddy Vic is sporting his ELC 1401 underneath his ELC Irvin.

ELCIrvin.jpg

ELCIrvinback.jpg

John Lever

You have a very stylish friend there. What a cool looking jacket, looks like an older type.
Is he ready for the elastic strap over the head though ...?
The back shot is almost identical to this one -
17122009230.jpg

Weasel_Loader

I tell you, those sheepskin jackets are the warmest ever!!! I owned a cheap knockoff B-3 when I was in Korea and when it was -10 degrees, I could get away with a t-shirt under my B-3 and walk around outside with no problem. Flipping up the HUGE collar (looked funny) but did an outstanding job deflecting a tail wind on the back of the neck. ;)

As George stated though, too warm for us out here in Cali-forn-I.A. :D

Cliff

As John said it looks like one of their superior older versions. Love the colours and texture of the sheepskin !

cheers

Cliff

zoomer

Great look - just DON'T try to do that with chrome-tanned jackets - they, and you, will get clammy as hell.

I put on my US-Authentic M-444 over my RMNZ McQueen (both "painted" finishes) and went out into -18°F weather.
Inside of 2 minutes I was starting to make my own gravy!
I had to open up the '444 - at eighteen below zero!!

rich

Check out the latest in keeping warm on the streets of NYC.
My buddy Vic is sporting his ELC 1401 underneath his ELC Irvin.

I tried it - you can bend your arms, but not too easily!
This isn't as crazy as it seems if you consider Irvins were always meant to be worn on top of battledress etc. ;)