• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Just won this Protech A-2 Repro.UPDATED with picture

deand

UPFor $91 plus shipping, it looks pretty good in the photos. The pictures alone make my only other A-2 repro pretty sad looking in comparison. Looking forward to getting this one home.

sixfli1.jpg

sixfli2.jpg

sixfli3.jpg

dean

442RCT

Re: Just won this Protech A-2 Repro.

As a collector of 'orphan' A2s, I bought a used Protech off eBay about a year ago. It was goatskin and marked sz 42, and I was pleasantly surprised that it fit me really well, as I normally wear a sz 40. It's one of my favorite wearers. ;)

atkins

Congrats Dean, i watch that jacket too...a review would be awesome!

deand

Thanks for the positive words. Feel free to post pics of your Protechs in this thread, I'd like to see what's out there.

dean

deand

Re: Just won this Protech A-2 Repro. UPDATED with picture

Here's a shot of how I've modified the Protech. It is pretty slim fitting for a 46 Long. I wish the pockets weren't so high set. I also wish the lining was cotten, not the fake silk stuff that it is. The goatskin is very supple and not heavy, maybe medium to light weight. I like it much better than my other repro. Nice jacket for everyday wear. Nothing less than a Goodwear will really satisfy, though. Maybe an Eastman. I'll just keep watching Ebay for someone's cast off Goodwear at a much lower than new price. Hope springs eternal.
mms_picture.jpg

dean

CHECK6

HOOOO Dean you're the winner ,i also bet on this jacket ,this jacket looks very well
congrats !!!!!!
FAB

Mac

Looks good, Dean. The Protech president's father, Col. Jim Goodson, flew with the 133 Eagle Squadron and, later, the 336th Sq, 4th FG, 8th AF.

Mac

zoomer

Those eeensy pockets give it a hypervintage look...like some kind of a service test A-2 from before the first contract.