• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Just some beautiful old stuff in my study....

Andrew

...which makes a great eclectic montage of WWII era aviation imagery. Trying out the new Nikon D80, which i'm really impressed with.

some of the items;
- German U Boat compass
- RAF type B and C helmets with O2 kit
- Library of reference books and WWII and 50's wartime bios
- Photo, medals and patches of my Uncle
- RAAF and AAF crushers
- Italian made trenchart spit
- Catalina clock
- B-24 airgunner A-2, patches and histories
- pre war Irvin and RAAF Fighter Battledress
- Original aircraft photos
- training manuals etc

collagecopy.jpg

RudyN

That is a very nice profeesional display you have. Makes me somewhat jealous :mrgreen: .

Once I finish having our new capet put in I will try to do something like that with some of my WWII Helmets and such. Your pictures have encouraged my to get on the ball!

Andrew

Thanks Guys, the way it's presented here actually conceals how ordinarilly it actually is in real life- just a couple of white Ikea bookshelves, white walls and desk.

Rich, I thought that some others might be interested in seeing the titles of the books a little more clearly. I've not read all the bios or escape stories yet, i'm working my way through them and some other titles aren't here but it give's an idea.

collage2.jpg

collage3-1.jpg

Here's some other close-ups of other bits and pieces I pulled out. I love the colours and patina of old gear.

collage5.jpg

collage6.jpg

collage8.jpg

navvet

Leadsky,
A fine collection. Please keep us up to date when new acquisitions are added. Sharing such historical items is a great motivation for others to make the best of our collections.

Andrew, I'm under some pressure to tidy up the (my) study, and took these pic's of some of my 'stuff' while I had it off the shelves for the attempted clean up.....

IMG_0991.jpg
IMG_0992.jpg

IMG_0993.jpg
IMG_0994.jpg

IMG_0995.jpg
IMG_0996.jpg

IMG_0997.jpg

IMG_0999.jpg

IMG_1001.jpg

IMG_1003.jpg

now I 'spose I better fire up the vacuum cleaner before she gets home :oops:

deeb7

Gone, but not forgotten.
Unbelievable ... two of them came to visit me (appropriately transported in a parachute bag).
I have an A-11, but I had no idea of the detailed craftsmanship that went into these early helmets.

Who knew what Bevan has squirreled away ...

rich

Crickey, that is a superb collection of headgear - those D and E masks must be very scarce, especially in that condition.

rich said:
Crickey, that is a superb collection of headgear - those D and E masks must be very scarce, especially in that condition.

Thanks, yeah I like the D and E* masks.
A couple of the helmets are unique 'cause of their mods, the Type B modded to accept the later G mask and the C helmet back dated with the helmet modifiers to use the Mk IV goggles.
I've got pictures of the helmets as recieved to prove they've not been messed with by me, ....a bit of insurance really......we've seen some messed with jackets lately....and if I were to move a helmet or setup on, I don't want to be accused of frabricating provenace.

Bevan.

Cobblers161

Impressive collection Andrew and lovely photos. Particularly love the Acme Thunderer shot, I've just been issued one at work, virtually the same classic design. If it ain't broke.......

Peter Graham

Great collections guys. Andrew, I'm really impressed by your new camera. How did you light the shots ? They turned out really nicely.