• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Just placed my order!

Hawkeye

For an ELC '42 pattern Irvin. I've been dreaming of an ELC Irvin for years and the favourable exchange rate at the moment really helped the purchase (even though I'm still going to have sell another jacket). And as much as I like my original, its not something I feel could be battered around, folded up, hung on the back of a chair at bars, sat on, etc, as I'd like to do with this one. I asked on the order form if Gary could lowball the price of the jacket on customs forms, as I got hit pretty hard from my recent aero purchase and I'm not eager to have that done again. Does anyone have any experience with Eastman in that regard, will they honour a request like that?

donsom

Yes...they will adjust the value if you ask.

A word of advice. Call them back to check on it if it's being manufactured (unless they have it in stock and are shipping right away). They told me initially on the phone that it would take up to 4 weeks to make. Two weeks later, when I called to check,... it was already packaged up and waiting for the courier.... :)

Also, when they do ship, YOU have to call them for the tracking code.

That was my experience anyhow...

Hawkeye

Thanks for the advice Donsom, I'm assuming it will be manufactured, unless they already have a few long sizes made and in stock.

Jamesp

Good luck with your new order Hawkeye.

I hope you will be as pleased as I am with my 42 pattern ELC.

It has had some wear lately.

It’s nice to be able to fool around in it. I would not do childish things like climb a fallen tree in my original!!

James.