• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Just lost my Crown zip slider- anyone have a spare?

Andrew

The base of the tape of my Crown zip on my GW started fraying last year causing the teeth to allow the slider to unexpectedly drop off occasionally and I bogged it up with a bit of hot glue which seemed to work well. However it needed redoing and I left it a bit too long and today I've discovered that the puller has gone awol. :cry: Needless to say i'm pretty !@#$%^&*.

Anyone happen to have a spare slider they don't need?

Clark J

There was a guy that posted here JC something (not John) he's in Canada and sells a lot of pulls on Ebay.Someone must know him?

Andrew

Thanks Guys, hadn't thought of ELC, not sure if they'd sell just the slider tho'. Maybe worth a try. Got an email from Stu at LW and he has them for $75 so maybe that's the best bet. Clark, i've seen JCSlongo selling them but i'm nt sure how i'd go after all the dirt digging i've done with the Jacketgate scandals. I think i'll probably go with LW.

cheers

767fo

Andrew said:
Thanks Guys, hadn't thought of ELC, not sure if they'd sell just the slider tho'. Maybe worth a try. Got an email from Stu at LW and he has them for $75 so maybe that's the best bet. Clark, i've seen JCSlongo selling them but i'm nt sure how i'd go after all the dirt digging i've done with the Jacketgate scandals. I think i'll probably go with LW.

cheers

Andrew, Vintage Productions have them for 55.00 and they ship from Japan. I have bought from them before and they ship quickly. Good luck

http://www.vintageproductions.com/shop/ ... ct_id=5133

TankBuster

Andrew,

My advice would be to hold off. They come up for sale on eBay from time to time. They usually fetch less than $20. If you have to have it quick, as mentioned above, vintage productions has them, but for triple the going rate.

Andrew

Thanks again for all those tips. I'd like to find an ebay one, but it's windy and chilly here (at least by our standards) at the moment so I may need to try Japan.

cheers

asiamiles

767fo said:
Vintage Productions have them for 55.00 and they ship from Japan. I have bought from them before and they ship quickly.
That's cheaper than they sell for at source; MASH charges ¥6,500.

Andrew

Thanks for the tip on Vintage, it arrived pretty quickly. So I sat down to recreate the hot glue mend from last time but it's a dismal failure. I have to laugh though because now if I want to zip up my jacket I have a few extra stages to go though- first take slider out of pocket, next manouver it onto the tape over the tear, and then zip it up. to undo just do the reverse and make sure i pocket the slider again. Something only jacket nuts would appreciate. This has made me wonder how many originals had to get their zips replaced during the course of the War due to normal wear?

I have a MASH talon I was saving for another jacket but I think i'm going to have to bite the bullet and swap out the failed Crown or else it'll drive me nuts :evil: .

Andrew

Thanks J, i'll keep my eye on that (even though it's CTC :shock: ). I am using a MASH puller at the moment but I miss my original.

Andrew

I fitted the replacement MASH Crown slider but it's not going to work as the first tooth on the female side is all wobbly- it's only a matter of time before I lose the second one. I have a MASH talon I don't mind installing but my leather Tailor here won't touch it due to the complexity (plus he knows i'm fussy).

Has anyone had any repair work done by RMNZ? Deeb?

I called today and as Paddy is away this week I spoke to Hiro who said they probably would do it even though it's a GW. I'm going to be passing through Christchurch in a couple of weeks so figured I might as well take it and try. Good excuse to call in as well.

deeb7

Gone, but not forgotten.
Andrew said:
Has anyone had any repair work done by RMNZ? Deeb?

Yes, and they even fixed my Highwayman when the zip was falling out. :)

If you give them enough notice, and they aren't too busy, maybe they can do it same day.

Andrew

Thanks Dave, but that may be cutting things a bit fine. I won't be staying on arrival as we're heading south immediately but perhaps on the way out as the flight leaves in the arvo. I might just pm you about the trip too, need a few travelling tips on the Sth Island.

deeb7

Gone, but not forgotten.
Andrew said:
... I might just pm you about the trip too, need a few travelling tips on the Sth Island.

Oh yeah, like stay out of the red zone, and don't eat the berries ... I can do that. ;)

The South Island is an amazing place, I hope you have enough time ...