• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

just 2 photos

dujardin

hellooooo

:oops: it's a long time i place photos :oops:
:lol:

herbertrutland356fg.jpg

Herbert Rutland - 356FG

WayneGatlin356fg360fs1.jpg

Wayne C Gatlin - 356FG 360FS

the second patch was unknow to me, i request Johhny to the rescue and he send me the answer.
the second patch on his A2 is the nose art of his plane
info on the excellent site ''littlefriends.co''

WayneGatlinsP51-sweetnlowdown-.jpg

thanks Johnny

have a good w-e
byeeeeeeeeeeee
marcel

better duck

Herb Rutland: A2 and anti G-suit: old and new mixed! Towards the end of WW2 or later (Korea, maybe?).
Anybody knows when the inflatable ant-G-pants were introduced?

dmar836

Peter,
That anti-G suit appears to be a G-3A model. Those were certainly WWII issued. I have one war-dated. Also have a friend who says he wore them for his entire tour in 44-45.
Jacket(not too many B-10s in Korea) + B-4(Mae West), etc, I'd say this is a WWII pic - maybe very late '44 or early '45?
JMO,
Dave

watchmanjimg

dmar836 said:
Peter,
That anti-G suit appears to be a G-3A model. Those were certainly WWII issued. I have one war-dated. Also have a friend who says he wore them for his entire tour in 44-45.
Jacket(not too many B-10s in Korea) + B-4(Mae West), etc, I'd say this is a WWII pic - maybe very late '44 or early '45?
JMO,
Dave

I'm far from an expert but I wondered the same thing and concluded it's WW2 also. Look at the AAF and P-51D markings on the aircraft.

bebel

better duck said:
Herb Rutland: A2 and anti G-suit: old and new mixed! Towards the end of WW2 or later (Korea, maybe?).
Anybody knows when the inflatable ant-G-pants were introduced?

Definitively not Korea. B-4 mae west was no more used at this time. G-3A anti-g was used from 1944. The Navy used Z and Z-2 anti-blackout suits from 1945 in PTO and Z-3 pants from Sept, 1945. But the Z-3 was more used by Marines while USN pilots were wearing the one-piece suit until the end of the 50's.

Franck