• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Junky visit - new Buzz stuff!

asiamiles

After yesterday's somewhat less than inspiring visit to Real McCoy's shop in Daikenyama, today I went to Junky in Shinjuku to check out what's new from Buzz. Interestingly, what most caught my attention were the items in their United Carr line. I'm not entirely sure what BR's UC stuff is supposed to be. Initially it seemed to be less expensive versions of the regular BR items, but that seems to have changed this year.

First up I spotted a black leather N-1 deck jacket, something I've been dreaming about for a couple of years now. Oddly it seems to be lamb, and the collar is corduroy...both these choices are ones I would not have made, but I still liked the jacket. However, it really looked worth only about a quarter of the ¥80,000 asking price. For that much one could possiblyly get Aero to make one in steer or even horse hide, and have a mouton collar put? There was also a Paratrooper Jacket in the same leather for the same price. Both these jackets fitted large, so if you happen to consider buying one, order one size down. There was also a dark blue wool A-1, and a nice green wool jacket with leather pockets and a USAF logo lining, but not something I'd pay nearly ¥40,000 for. Finally, I noticed an item from last year in my size. A William Gibson A-1. What a beauty! The leather was a bit stiff and shiny but I think it just needed wearing in, or maybe a bit of hot water treatment. I immediately recalled the one I got outbid on, on Yahoo a couple of months ago. After trying one on I would definitely be tempted if I see one again with around 30% off retail price.

Mr.Russett

Thanks for the tips...I will be traveling to Tokyo in a week time and I will definitely check Junky's shop out....Any other A-2 shop worth visit??

asiamiles

Mr.Russett said:
Thanks for the tips...I will be traveling to Tokyo in a week time and I will definitely check Junky's shop out....Any other A-2 shop worth visit??

Well, despite my personal lack of enthusiasm you should probably go to the RM shop and check out what they have. And I guess you'll go to Ueno, as everyone on here recommends. There's also a Toys McCoy shop, though I've never been...must do so one day. There's a couple of Junky shops in Yokohama if you decide to get out of Tokyo for a few hours (it's less than 30 mins on the train from Shibuya, and the fare is less than US$3).