• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Jungle Boots

bn1966

Fancied some light weight boots for spring / summer to go with my selvedge denim & Chinos. Went with Pike Bros early Vietnam period jungle boots, yet to arrive, I’ve always been impressed with their products.

B58B0BB6-1EE4-4F91-BF29-31B0977E6391.jpeg

B-Man2

Hi Enigma
If you really would like to wear them, I can vouch for the fact that they will last longer than we will .;) However, if you want to save them as a collectors item and artifact of the Vietnam war , then there are several places where they sell repros that can be worn , they just won’t have the spike protection plate in the sole .

ausreenactor

Moore Militaria do a cheap reproduction jungle boot ...

Have an original pair at home but in a N sizing. Too tight....

bn1966

Boots going on eBay tomorrow, fought with them for a few days..look great but brutal on the feet...mine are currently a patchwork of blister plasters...just purchased some nice comfortable Clark’s Desert Boots to help me get over it.

B-Man2

Boots going on eBay tomorrow, fought with them for a few days..look great but brutal on the feet...mine are currently a patchwork of blister plasters...just purchased some nice comfortable Clark’s Desert Boots to help me get over it.
Did you try wearing them in the shower a couple of times until the leather softened up a bit ? That’s one way to break them in .

Last edited:

ausreenactor

What size are they?

bn1966

They are size 44, tried a number of tried & tested break in methods but the number of blisters being created is just unreal...going to quit while I’m ahead...have never known the like and getting fed up with them now. Someone did comment that they are the narrowest pair of boots they’ve seen me in..maybe thats the problem...20 miles later and covered in plasters still no joy.

leper-colony

I've bought from this vendor before but not these. Looks to be the same.