• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Joe sent me this

John Lever

Time capsule paratrooper motor cycle and other gear.
Screenshot_20230128_184258_Messenger.jpg

Chandler

Time capsule paratrooper motor cycle and other gear.View attachment 95523
Is this someone's collection, or part of a museum exhibit?

I remember learning about these from the UK published WW2 history magazines available in the 70s* -- still have a collection of them somewhere.

Nice Mk III SMLE, too.

*"History of the Second World War." Loved waiting for those to show up each week.

Last edited:

Micawber

Is this someone's collection, or part of a museum exhibit?

I remember learning about these from the UK published WW2 history magazines available in the 70s* -- still have a collection of them somewhere.

Nice Mk III SMLE, too.

*"History of the Second World War." Loved waiting for those to show up each week.

Oh yes, I had a subscription for that magazine, I wonder what happened to them all? Big glossy pages with lots of photos, graphics and facts. I vaguely the advert for it on TV too.

Chandler

Oh yes, I had a subscription for that magazine, I wonder what happened to them all? Big glossy pages with lots of photos, graphics and facts. I vaguely the advert for it on TV too.
I just saw a complete hard-bound collection of all 96 issues on Amazon -- just north of 300 USD.

I also have some of the special book-like issues on specific subjects they published -- even some WW1 subjects.

Chandler

Chandler

More than one set in binders on Fleabay UK fat around £60
Are these the binders they used to sell for collecting the magazines, or hard-bound and covered like the Amazon item above?

I remember seeing the hard-bound option for sale toward the end of the series run and the specialty binders (for collecting the single magazines) throughout the series run.

But it WAS the late '70s. ;)