• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

'Jet jacket '

John Lever

Does anyone know who is making or has made a repro of this German WW2 jacket ?
One was for sale recently in a shop here in the UK but it is now sold. I understand that a small batch of high quality jackets were made in Germany at one time.

John Lever

M4548_Replica_Luftwaffe_jet_flying_.jpg

The original jacket-
M4680_Luftwaffe_flying_jacket__trou.jpg

havocpaul

Don't know if this is one, for sale at www.tigercollectibles.co.uk.. described as so:
"M4548 - LUFTWAFFE JET PILOTS LEATHER JACKET. £345.00
Excellent brand new replica of the leather jacket issued to WW11 luftwaffe jet pilots, copied from an original, in brown hide leather, with fur collar, hidden button front & zip cuffs, also internal tis cord around the waist to pull in side & back panels (early form of G suit) lined in fake silk, it also has external map pocket to left chest and leather loops to attach oxygen tube crocodile clip, a very stylish jacket, they were issued late war, 1944-45 for use in aircraft such as the Me262 and would be part of a two piece suit "
His website is frustratingly hard to use as he has the photos separate to the listing and not all items have pics, but he does reply to e-mails so could provide a pic.

John Lever

havocpaul said:
Don't know if this is one, for sale at http://www.tigercollectibles.co.uk.. described as so:
"M4548 - LUFTWAFFE JET PILOTS LEATHER JACKET. £345.00
Excellent brand new replica of the leather jacket issued to WW11 luftwaffe jet pilots, copied from an original, in brown hide leather, with fur collar, hidden button front & zip cuffs, also internal tis cord around the waist to pull in side & back panels (early form of G suit) lined in fake silk, it also has external map pocket to left chest and leather loops to attach oxygen tube crocodile clip, a very stylish jacket, they were issued late war, 1944-45 for use in aircraft such as the Me262 and would be part of a two piece suit "
His website is frustratingly hard to use as he has the photos separate to the listing and not all items have pics, but he does reply to e-mails so could provide a pic.
That's this jacket !
It has sold

deeb7

Gone, but not forgotten.
If it's a one off copy of an original, or from a small batch, chances of finding one in your size must be remote.

Maybe you could add it to your list of orders at Aero. :)

John Lever

deeb7 said:
If it's a one off copy of an original, or from a small batch, chances of finding one in your size must be remote.

Maybe you could add it to your list of orders at Aero. :)
Ha ! sounds like a challenge !
I bet I can find one in under 6 months..