• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Jaw dropper of an M-422 on JC's sales page

mulceber

I especially like the fit in the lower torso. Very true to the photos he posted. The leather looks scrumptious as well.

AVG3.jpg

front_view3.jpg

B-Man2

John Chapman …. You sir are a Wizard !!
I think that you and Jorge share that time machine and bring this stuff back from the past. How can anyone make a jacket that’s almost undetectable from an original? ;)
Kudos John ..

Smithy

Usually I think M-422s and G-1 are a little ho-hum - they're not my favourite flight jackets but holy smoke that is an absolute humdinger and a real looker.

Anyone who thinks that JC isn't the Jedi master of US flight jackets should look at that listing.

Forget all the others, he is THE BEST.

johnwayne

Do they come any better? No! If I didnt have 2 G1’s and wouldn’t get clobbered for import tax I’d really have trouble not pulling the trigger!!

Lorenzo_l

When I met @Sideslip in London last week, I noticed that he was wearing a navy jacket as I approached his table, and I remember thinking that his jacket was either a mint original or, if it was a repro, it was in class of its own. That was evident from a distance. It turned out to be his GW M-442 and man, it indeed was in class of its own. What a beautifully-made jacket and what an amazing goat hide. It was the first time I was bale to check out a GW in the flesh btw, and it did live up to the hype and expectations, big time.

Last edited:

Brettafett

Totally agree with the above... Having seen @Sideslip's jacket in person, I can't imagine a better clone of an original.
The leather, the mouton and the detailing was simply spot on. Nothing over-done. Yes, you get what you pay for.
(I can imagine having the same impression of one of Dave Sheeley's jackets, but have never seen one in person).

Ive always liked the classic W&G M-422, but after seeing his Monarch, thats now a firm favourite.
If anything like this came up in my size, Id be in real trouble.

Last edited: