• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Japanese Magazines on Vintage Jacket and Etc

Shanghai-Mayne

IMG_1760.jpeg
IMG_1761.jpeg
IMG_1762.jpeg
IMG_1763.jpeg
IMG_1763.jpeg
IMG_1764.jpeg
IMG_1765.jpeg
IMG_1766.jpeg
IMG_1767.jpeg
IMG_1768.jpeg
IMG_1769.jpeg

Erwin

Gladly only leather gimps from Japan are into this. Hard to imagine that even them are into US flight jackets there, after how many civilians were killed during US bombings....it is a bit like in Israel leather gimps would wear Luftwaffe leather jackets with Adler's - maybe some do ;)

Adama36

Good point but "History is written by the winners"
In a post war world, the US were seen as the "good guys" - Lots of US bombing throughout Europe too (Germany, France ...). Despite a lot of civilian casualties, these jackets were (and are) very popular

Erwin

True Adama46, just fully patched flight jacket with patches from WW2 or honestly any time where occupational US forces should be a bit odd for any Japanese person - just my opinion. BTW if someone enjoys it, that's not my business ;)

Erwin

Well I was able to hear a different opinions from Japanese people regarding entire US presence and what happened during the war. Also, it is true that in general younger people don't care about any grandpa's style jackets ;)

Are you sure that this fisherman's family really don't care what happened to their family member?

Shanghai-Mayne

For Japanese at the time, family/relatives get murdered by foreign military servicemen is something, others (total strangers) get murdered is something they don’t care. Others who served in imperial army/navy , if they murdered foreign civilians, they don’t care about it as well.

Erwin

For Japanese at the time, family/relatives get murdered by foreign military servicemen is something, others (total strangers) get murdered is something they don’t care. Others who served in imperial army/navy , if they murdered foreign civilians, they don’t care about it as well.
342214f4430242f80d656257984c2dd0.gif

Members online

Latest posts