• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Jackets of days gone by

Lebensgefahr

Hi

I came across some photos of jackets i used to own while clearing out some boxes at home (we moved nearly three years ago and i still have lots of stuff in boxes,scary :eek: ).I no longer have any of these jackets but thought people might like to see them. Excuse the poor pictures as these are scans from 35mm photos.

Size 40 by Monarch.709 Squadron,447th Bomb Group Rattlesdon.
Image0010.jpg

Size 42 by Dubow.Troop Carrier Command.
Image0002.jpg

I`m afraid i don`t have pictures of any of the labels as my camera wasn`t good enough and this was long before digital camera`s.

Hope you like them and let me know if you want to see anymore. :?:
LG

Lebensgefahr

As requested a couple more.

Size 46 by Dubow.320th Fighter Squadron.
The bloke who bought this of me had it professionally ironed and it looked really superb with all the creases removed.
Image0003.jpg

Size 40 M422a & Size 42 G1 by Monarch.This was an early G1 and the only fault was a small hole in the waistband,apart from that it was in superb condition.
Image0004.jpg

When i used to wear the 422a,due to the colour of the knits/waistband my friends would insist on calling me the lilac pilot :oops:

Let me know if you want to see anymore. :?:
LG

Roughwear

Thanks for posting some more beautiful jackets. I really like the Dubow. What a shame you parted with these jackets as they really are quite superb. :)

Lebensgefahr

I can honestly say,hand on heart that i don`t regret selling these jackets.While i am an avid leather jacket wearer i have no interest in owning originals anymore,my interests lie elsewhere.I have to say i was pleased to get the A2 with the Baseball artwork at the time as i`m a Baseball fan.
Please find below the last installment of pictures.

Size 44 by Dubow & B15 size 44
Image0005.jpg

ANJ3 size 44
Image0006.jpg

First A2 i ever bought.Size 42,can`t remember the manufacturer i`m afraid.
Image0007.jpg

Hope you like them.
LG :cool:

Lebensgefahr

I also found this picture of a display my friends and I did for a book launch many years ago.We also used to put on a display under the B17 Mary Alice at Duxford.I really used to enjoy doing the odd display,it was fun meeting people and having a chat.Unfortunately the type of collection i have now doesn`t lend itself well to being transported about which is a shame but also the thought of thieves puts me off as this seems to be more prevalent these days,pity really.

We were instructed to only take American gear to this book launch,hence the complete lack of RAF gear.
Image0008.jpg

LG

Roughwear

Yet more splendid Aemrican jackets Geof! The russet A2 looks like a Rough Wear from their last 27752 contract which was awarded in the early summer of 1942.