• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Jacket valuations

hello guys, newbie here, hopefully no flames for this post, got your info from the TZ-UK watch forum funnily enough, question is, I have two leather jackets, both Aviation Leathercraft, a USAAF A2 size 48 regular fit and an 89903 Sea Harrier size 46 regular fit, are they worth keeping? what ballpark figure could they make if I were to sell them? Both bought before 1995 by me and worn less times than I have fingers and toes...

nice forum by the way guys, and thanks for any advice.

regards gadget

jacketimp

you could check ebay for items sold for your category......that'll give you a feel of their prices.....hope this helps........and welcome !

John Lever

Unfortunately ALC are not very well regarded by most collectors and so the value may not be very high. If you can get half of what you paid for them then you will be doing well IMO.

Vcruiser

Welcome Inspector!
I think JL is telling you true.

Worth keeping? If you like them...SURE.
Van

MikeyB-17

Hi Gadget, welcome. TZ-TimeZone? I'm a member there as are a few other forum members I think-lots of watch lovers here. Thankfully my watch cravings were pretty much satisfied by my Speedy Pro so I don't get over there much any more.
As has already been stated, Aviation Leathercraft's jackets really aren't terribly accurate, so they're not highly regarded among jacket collectors. I imagine John's not far off the mark in saying you'll be lucky to get half what you paid-I see both are around the £300 mark new. That having been said, perhaps we're not the right ones to ask-possibly less picky folk who aren't so obsessed with accuracy would be prepared to pay more. Suck it and see I suppose would be the best idea-Ebay would be the obvious method I guess, which is where most stuff changes hands. Have a go at a price you'd be happy with, if you don't get any takers, have a rethink. Good luck!

Thanks guys for the honest replies, I'm no collector, I just used them occasionally for flying, and they will be in the sales column over at TZ-UK shortly, I know there are quite a few aviators there, hopefully two could be looking for a bargain jacket. :)