• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Jacket patch for USS Atule / SS 403...deck jacket needed ;-)

ties70

Hi,

here is last weekends attempt to reproduce another Disney design...it is once again an original drawing by Hank Porter, especially made for the submarine USS Atule:

atule.jpg

The draft comes from the incredible toonsatwar website. Then I coloured the background and copied the outlines to it (Using copy / graphit paper). The other colours followed, all the outlines were done at the end.

Still some work to do but I thought you might be interested in the process as well.

Ties

ausreenactor

G'day..

Was this a commision? Or are you selling it to anyone? Have a Khaki deck hook here it
would look great on..

Couchy

ties70

Hi Couchy,

you might be interested to see the final patch.
I have put it loosely on my Tanker jacket and on my NAF jacket to give you an impression how it looks on khaki / olive coloured jackets.

Here it is on the Tanker:

atule3.jpg

...and on the NAF:

atule2.jpg

atule1.jpg

I'll scan the patch tomorrow to have a better resolution and true colour.

Re. your questions:
No, it was not made for somebody in particular, just for fun...I really appreciate that you like it!
And yes, I might consider selling it...I have absolutely no clue how much this kind of work is worth, though. PM me if you have an idea what it might be worth to you ;-)

Regards

Ties

ties70

Thank you, guys!

I am amazed how much fun this patch painting is...and why it took me so long to start with it.

It seems like an ideal hobby: You don't need much working space, the colors and the leather hides a reasonably priced and you can work whenever you feel like it...Great to relax and get the nerving stuff out of your head immediately.

Ties