• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Jacket for the price of a small car...

Dr H

Found myself browsing this site (http://www.marvins-jp.com/) - some nice jackets.
I got very excited about stock number MT-96 (unpriced), even contemplated what I might sell to buy it...
I asked a Japanese friend to call on my behalf and, perhaps predictably the assistant explained to him that the price (1,575,000 Yen) is 'a price for an American maniac' :shock: . Furthermore, the shop wouldn't ship overseas.

Aside from that tactful and respectful piece of customer service, the ready reckoner brings that to be £12,377 (or the price of a small car)...

The jacket is a grand looking civvy capeskin A-1 - I can't upload images, but check it out...beautiful.

Dr H

...Sigh... :mrgreen:

That's the one...would have fitted too...

Air Associates, who made gear for Lindy among others, I believe.

ECKHARTUS

mt96-1.jpg

joeson

They have had that jacket for several years now.I went in and handled it around 5 years ago.It has pretty much been re-built but the exchange rate at that time meant I could have picked it up for the bargain price of £10,000. :lol:
I love Marvins,wish money was no object.

Dr H

I'd even have overlooked the number of torso buttons (6 versus 5), the lack of buttons/loops on the rebuilt collar knit and the comparatively high pockets for the buttons in the waistband and that silhouette.
What a beaut...redolent of the roaring 20s...