• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Its 85 degrees by 10am

A

Anonymous

In the Orange County area it's 55 in the morning and about 65 during the day.

stevetfire

You lucky ^##%**%%*%S. :lol: :lol: :lol: were a couple of days away from The start of British summer time and we've got the worst snow falls since the 1940's (apparently) and savage freezing temps ....the polar opposite to you fellas ( pardon the pun).....no fun either way fellas I think

Skip

Guess it works both ways, we're getting a bit of an indian Summer downunder, its a few days since the Autumn equinox and not showing any real signs of cooling. But that may change rather rapidly I hope. Seems to be when ever the Northern Hemi gets frost bight the Southern gets overly hot and humid.

Andreart

stevetfire said:
You lucky ^##%**%%*%S. :lol: :lol: :lol: were a couple of days away from The start of British summer time and we've got the worst snow falls since the 1940's (apparently) and savage freezing temps ....the polar opposite to you fellas ( pardon the pun).....no fun either way fellas I think

i heard the gulf stream stopped, so you sods best me movin on south before your all covered in a mile of snow. :eek: :lol:

PaulGT3

See here is the deal. I am from Texas no need to talk about heat. Got shipped off to go to the mojave
for the Airforce, some cold weeks, but brutally hot summers, got out and went to Northern California
to go to the University for my engineering degree, hot AND humid. THen back for 27 more years in
the Mojave. Although I have a small place 180 miles north of here in the Sierras at 8,000 feet
I get up there for Christmas and the summer and an occasional holiday.
THe way I look at it, especially in lew of my love for jackets its easier to put stuff on when your'e cold.
When your hot and humid and your evap cooler doesnt work because the humidity is up there aint much left
to do when your down to your skivvies. But be miserable. I need to move to idaho, but the wifey is stuck in a government job.
so if anyone has ideas on how to get to Idaho, wyoming or Washington let me know. I am an engineer and can design most anything electronic and I am an expert in Labview.

herk115

stevetfire said:

This is Bakersfield. We get two, maybe three months out of the year when we can wear a jacket outdoors. Nine months of the year it's 90+ and six months out of the year it's 100+. I know snow is a pain (I spent a month in it at survival school), but I'll put up with cold ANY day over heat. It isn't just that I want to wear my jackets more; after 50 Bakersfield summers I've just had it, and when I retire in four more years I'm moving to a cold climate. Flagstaff comes to mind. So you guys with A-2 addictions who live in cold climates, count your blessings! :(

PaulGT3

Herk, thats funny you mentioned Flag Staff, I JUST Told my wife last nite
Flagstaff would be cool!
in the summer I go to Bakerskfield alot. I use the Porsche dealer there
and the BMW place.
Bakersfield runs about 5 degrees cooler in the summer but you guys
have that haze and it runs the temp up. I live exactly 100 miles EAST of you
guys over the SIerras.

herk115

PaulGT3 said:
Herk, thats funny you mentioned Flag Staff, I JUST Told my wife last nite
Flagstaff would be cool!
in the summer I go to Bakerskfield alot. I use the Porsche dealer there
and the BMW place.
Bakersfield runs about 5 degrees cooler in the summer but you guys
have that haze and it runs the temp up. I live exactly 100 miles EAST of you
guys over the SIerras.

Are you at China Lake?

Keep watching the National Weather Service reports for Flag. The temperatures are soooo inviting. NWS reporting is what I'm basing most of my retirement decisions on!