• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Issued or repro

Ualman

Years ago I bought a G-1 on eBay. Think it was supposed to be from the 80's.
The manufacturer/size label is white, instead of the black ones I see on older jackets.
Where issued jackets ever made with white tags?
The jacket is really nice, wether it is an issued or repro, but I'd prefer a military one.

B-Man2

Years ago I bought a G-1 on eBay. Think it was supposed to be from the 80's.
The manufacturer/size label is white, instead of the black ones I see on older jackets.
Where issued jackets ever made with white tags?
The jacket is really nice, wether it is an issued or repro, but I'd prefer a military one.
Post a couple photos of the jacket and label and we may be able to help you out with your question.

Ualman

Thank you

Attachments

• IMG_1564.JPG
    IMG_1564.JPG
    9.2 KB · Views: 175
  • IMG_1563.JPG
    IMG_1563.JPG
    8.8 KB · Views: 182

ausreenactor

Would expect more lines of detail on the label; however, that can vary. The size of the label should be bigger. Military 'style' label though. And the fact the bottom lines of the contract details and DSA are blacked out would reinforce it being demilled. Dimensions of the label and layout of the details is not right.

Thinking it is not an issued item; however, Navy kit is not my bag.

B-Man2

Ok I should have been a little more specific . My fault . Can you take a well lit photo of the name tag , also look next to the zipper in the wind flap for preferations or little holes that spell out USN . Lastly are there any other labels inside the jacket lining or the pocket flaps?
I agree with Auseenactor , my first impression is that the jacket was a military over run that they used to sell in the military PXs . Let’s get a closer look at those areas I mentioned for a better assessment.

Ualman

Shall post more and better lit photos of the tags tomorrow.
Thank you all so far for all the info

MikeyB-17

Yeah I’m a bit dubious about that additional label-NFJ-Navy flight jacket? I also suspect a PX jacket, which were made on the same production line as the issue jackets but intended for sale in the PX so didn’t have military labels or the USN on the windflap. Some differed in other ways, I had an Irvin B. Foster PX jacket with a two-piece back panel once.

Ualman

Yeah I’m a bit dubious about that additional label-NFJ-Navy flight jacket? I also suspect a PX jacket, which were made on the same production line as the issue jackets but intended for sale in the PX so didn’t have military labels or the USN on the windflap. Some differed in other ways, I had an Irvin B. Foster PX jacket with a two-piece back panel once.

Thank you for the info.
Googled that NFJ, said it was Nylon Flight Jacket. Bit weird, doesn’t look like nylon to me, lol.

Ualman

So it’s safe to say it is the same as issued ones, just that they were meant to be sold at the PX instead of being issued to flight crews?
Or was/is there a difference?

ausreenactor

Throw some patches on it, wait for Top Gun 2 and you will make some money if that is your goal. Or if it fits and you like it, just roll with it.

Post offices on our RAAF bases sell the A-2s that are 'issued'. They look alike for family members as gifts, for
'wannabes' or to replace an issued one that walked from the back of the C-130 (with a passenger perhaps).

If you ask questions about why they sell the stuff at the PX then we could be here all day! ;)

Ualman

Throw some patches on it, wait for Top Gun 2 and you will make some money if that is your goal. Or if it fits and you like it, just roll with it.

Post offices on our RAAF bases sell the A-2s that are 'issued'. They look alike for family members as gifts, for
'wannabes' or to replace an issued one that walked from the back of the C-130 (with a passenger perhaps).

If you ask questions about why they sell the stuff at the PX then we could be here all day! ;)

Walk off from the back of a C-130? Is that the military version of fallen off of the back of a truck?
Yeah, I do like the jacket. It fits great.
Start of a collection probably, since joining this group is making me want to learn more about flight jackets, and owning them.