• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

ISO Information on Leather Patches

maggiesue

Hello all,

Just joined in hopes of getting some information on a collection of leather patches my job has recently acquired.

I'm hoping to figure out if these patches are reproductions or original to WWII era? I'm having a hard time doing research and finding information online, and you all seemed helpful and knowledgeable so I thought I'd give it a shot! Any resources for pricing would also be greatly appreciated. Prices vary so much online and I really am not sure where to start. I've attached group photos of the patches. I can attach individual ones too if easier. Some have tags on back from whoever sold them originally, photos of that are included as well. A lot of them are tagged as being made? 1940's but I'm not sure if that's accurate. Appreciate the help!

Attachments

• IMG_6476.jpeg
    IMG_6476.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 35
  • IMG_6477.jpeg
    IMG_6477.jpeg
    972.7 KB · Views: 34
  • IMG_6478.jpeg
    IMG_6478.jpeg
    886.1 KB · Views: 34
  • IMG_6479.jpeg
    IMG_6479.jpeg
    949.5 KB · Views: 31
  • IMG_6480.jpeg
    IMG_6480.jpeg
    882 KB · Views: 28
  • IMG_6481.jpeg
    IMG_6481.jpeg
    895.7 KB · Views: 30
  • IMG_6482.jpeg
    IMG_6482.jpeg
    990.2 KB · Views: 26
  • IMG_6483.jpeg
    IMG_6483.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 33

CBI

Great patches, look like they were painted by the same person/type of paint but many different units. Almost certain they are repos but possibly "old" repros 1960's/70's

maggiesue

Great patches, look like they were painted by the same person/type of paint but many different units. Almost certain they are repos but possibly "old" repros 1960's/70's
I agree! That time period makes sense to me as well. Any clue where to start price wise?

CBI

best to check the competition on ebay. There are a few guys selling really nicely painted repros for not very much.