• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Is this an early repro?

B-Man2

They sell a lot of CXL steer mainly for shoes. But I had a SB jacket made in it a few years ago. Aero used to use it too. Remember the frankensteer jackets they were selling under Will Lauder?
Yes …. They were sold as “combat clones” and were a mixture of mismatched hides and wonky stitching. Some looked pretty good and others were “ head shakers” .

Southoftheborder

The leather looks a good replication of ww2 leather
That is a bugbear of mine. That high end repro makers go to the trouble to get all the details right and then make the jacket in vegetable tanned Italian or Japanese leather.

I had a LVC Cossack a few years ago and the company went to the trouble of finding hide that was similar to that used in originals. It was quite stiff with a hard hand, like the run of the mill jackets I used to buy in the sixties that needed a good kicking and stamping before you wore them.

Good Wear used to use pigmented chrome tanned leather, and I bought one on eBay a good while ago that probably dated from around 2010. But now even he has to give the buyers what the want - beautiful aniline vegetable tanned leather that is lovely to look at but is not authentic at all.

Last edited:

Southoftheborder

Yes …. They were sold as “combat clones” and were a mixture of mismatched hides and wonky stitching. Some looked pretty good and others were “ head shakers” .
Actually I think that's different. The jackets Will Lauder and Amanda were selling were Horween CXL steer being sold as CXL horsehide and sometimes a mix of both. The fallout was was what caused Ken Calder to take back control of the business.

B-Man2

Actually I think that's different. The jackets Will Lauder and Amanda were selling were Horween CXL steer being sold as CXL horsehide and sometimes a mix of both. The fallout was was what caused Ken Calder to take back control of the business.
Maybe I’m confused then … Who was the guy in the US who ran off with all the jacket money and never delivered any Aero Jackets ?
He think it was called Aero U.S.A.