• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Is this an early repro?

Micawber

Sefton [Stephen Silburn] were excellent quality generic A-2 jackets that were made with collar stands that were popular back in the early repro days. Stephen no longer produces A-2's but instead concentrates on high quality reproduction flying helmets etc.

Sefton Advert.jpg

06.jpg

07.jpg

Attachments

• 06.jpg
    06.jpg
    657.1 KB · Views: 52

ZuZu

Enigma1938

Except he's talking about it being "named" and suggesting the name can be researched -- as you might a vet's jacket.

Dunno, just my take.
I don't mean it's fair play.
I think the seller made his offer look like an original with photos and description in the hope that someone will pay big money, but on the other hand he's not to blame if the buyer discovers the repro. Good old crap-bay trick...

B-Man2

Interesting marketing in the Sefton ad about using hide from an "original US tannery."

Horween?
Chandler
I own a Sefton that I purchased from Micawber a few years ago. It’s made from cowhide and it’s definitely not Horween. I say that because I’ve never seen anything but Horsehide from the Horween Tannery.Has anyone seen Horween cowhide ?

Chandler

Chandler
I own a Sefton that I purchased from Micawber a few years ago. It’s made from cowhide and it’s definitely not Horween. I say that because I’ve never seen anything but Horsehide from the Horween Tannery.Has anyone seen Horween cowhide ?
They show bovine leather at their website, but probably what they use for their baseball glove & football hides?

But maybe back when Sefton was producing they got steer from Horween. Not sure how many other original tanneries are around, but maybe back then there were more.

Southoftheborder

Chandler
They sell a lot of CXL steer mainly for shoes. But also for jackets. I had a SB jacket made in it a few years ago and Aero used to use it too. Remember the frankensteer jackets they were selling under Will Lauder?