• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Irvin Air Chute parachute/kit bag

Hawkeye

Something I picked up on ebay a couple weeks back. I was thinking about getting the ELC bag for storing my Irvin but when this came up I felt it would be more appropriate, not to mention far cheaper. Its in excellent shape, very little in the way of dirt or stains. Both of the DOT zippers are in perfect working order, not a spot of corrosion anywhere. The Irvin Air Chute stamp on the top flap looks almost new. The only real flaw is the missing ring snap. The seller claims that the bag was owned by a Halifax B.III pilot in WW2 who later flew arctic missions with the RCAF. Sorry for the low quality pics, I'm currently working with a camera with a smashed lcd screen so I'm shooting blindly.

IAC018-1.jpg

IAC013-1.jpg

IAC006.jpg

IAC008.jpg

IAC011.jpg

TankBuster

Very nice purchase. I agree about buying the repro kit bags, a guy
can normally find the real ones in good shape for less.

Andrew

Looking good Hawk, I also have one I keep my '41 Mae West in and I took it to the last airshow as a camera bag.

Mines a little different tfrom yours- i'll post some shots soon to compare. It has different zippers is more battered and has Air Ministry Stamps on the outside. Does yours also have the inner flaps?

In the 1960's my old Man used to attend the Land Court with a Barrister who was ex Air Crew and who carried all his legal stuff in his old parachute bag. His reasoning was that he'd had it with him during all those life threatening times it would do the same in Court :) .

Hawkeye

Theres one large flap of canvas underneath the zipper on the inside of the bag to protect its contents from the zipper teeth, but thats all. As far as I can see theres no AM stamps on mine, though there is a smaller IAC stamp underneath the top flap, just above where the zips meet.