• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Introduction of another newbie

jbmilart

Howdy all!
A client and good friend... told me about this forum, and should check it out... so I did... and joined!... I saw that this is a place, that has many common interests, that rings true with me... I am a artist who hand paints leather squadron patches... I have been doing this for a couple of years now... and still learning all the time... I have been a self taught artist and historian, about WWII aviation and other military interests, for over 30 years... never taking too seriously, my artistic abilities until very recently... I've also seen some familiar names on this forum, from the "Fedora Lounge", which I am also a member. I hope to be a worthy member of the VLJ, and will try to help, in anyway I can.

Thanks... Jim

My website: http://www.jbmilart.com

jbmilart

Thanks, Jeff!... I'm glad to be here... and thanks for the invite too!... Almost done with the "Tuskegee Airman" squadron series too... real soon now!

Jim

jbmilart

Thanks a lot guys!... I'm still new about the website thing... but working on it... hoping to make it better... will have some new patches to add on soon!

Jim

ButteMT61

Very nice! And welcome. Love all the talented folks here - seems there's a few doing patches, which is great.
I hope you've been properly forewarned about this place - it's pretty crazy! :eek:

Jeff M

ButteMT61 said:
Very nice! And welcome. Love all the talented folks here - seems there's a few doing patches, which is great.
.... :eek:

This place is definitely bad for those with a weakness for repro patches.
I've purchased several from some of the artists who belong the the VLJ...all have been beautifully done.

deand

Welcome to the VLJ, as a fellow 'hat forum' member, too, I'd like to join the rest in greeting another patch enthusiast to the fold. :D

dean