• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Information and care question

Kbecks

Hi all,
My father-in-law just gave my son this jacket old bomber style jacket of his. We don’t know much about it. It’s a perfect fit for him, but it’s a little musty. I would like to have it cleaned. The tag says no dry cleaning. Any recommendations?
Also, is it safe to wear this jacket on a rainy day? Sorry, we’ve never had a leather jacket. :)
Thanks!
Pics of jacket and tags attached.
IMG_1293.jpeg
IMG_1294.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_1295.jpeg
    IMG_1295.jpeg
    3.3 MB · Views: 31

mulceber

If it's just got a bit of a musty smell, I'd just deodorize it yourself. Try hanging it up in the closet in a garment bag, with a bowl of baking soda at the bottom of the garment bag. Leave it there for a few days, maybe a week if you're trying to be really thorough, and then take the jacket out of the bag. It might have a bit of the smell left, but if you then hang it up in a well ventilated area over night, the smell should be gone by morning.

Looks like a nice jacket for him to wear and enjoy. While leather jackets would be a bad alternative to a raincoat, ordinary amounts of water shouldn't hurt it. If he's wearing it for hours and hours in a driving rain, it might damage the leather, but short of that, it'll be fine.