• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Info wanted on Flight Suits jacket

jack31916

Hi all,

Can someone shed a light on the quality and accuracy of a Flight Suits M422a jacket?

I can't recall seeing one of these jackets on the forum.

Thanks and regards,

Brettafett

No longer available, Flight Suits is now Gibson & Barnes. They have a generic G-1 on offer.
There were a couple of reviews a few years back.
Their M422a was ok, decent quality I have been told, but not super accurate. Sizing was very weird and strange.
When I was looking into ordering one a number of years ago, it was looking like I would have to order a 36 long! I wear a size 40 original and top-tier repro (I had an original WW2 M442a)... I opted not too for that reason.
If you're looking for one and don't want to buy an original to fix up, Steve of Headwind mfg makes an absolute cracker. Goodwear probably makes the most authentic repro, but pricey and long wait. Eastman makes a fantastic M442a also.
Apparently Bill Kelso has some new goat in the works for future M422 and M422as...

B-Man2

Are you looking for a completely accurate Repro ? If you are then the tier one big boys ie Aero, GW , ELC are going to offer that, at a big boys price. More reasonable ones can be had from Headwind and less accurate ones that look good from 5 Star. Did I forget anyone guys? If so my apologies.

jack31916

Thanks for your input guys !

There's one up for sale on a Dutch auction site for 200 euros. Pics are not very satisfying but the price sounded cheap but after reading your opinions I think I'll pass on the Flight Suits.
I've had an Eastman in the past... GW is not an option for me so Headwind sounds right.

Thanks again !

Grant

or, depending on your size, decent originals pop up now and then for not a lot of dough. For some reason, original M-422a's have never been as pricy as A-2's.

jack31916

or, depending on your size, decent originals pop up now and then for not a lot of dough. For some reason, original M-422a's have never been as pricy as A-2's.
Thanks. For some strange reason the navy jacket are less desirable. I'm looking for a size 46 and more probably size 48. Not specific M422. This Flight Suits jacket in a size XL just came across